Meeting the in laws- time for explanations

*previously on rising from the ice*

Winter: "who are you and how did you get in here?"

???: "same way Uldren did. I came through the portal downstairs. Now then, are we gunna stand here and chit chat?... or are we gunna go find my husband?"
The figure lowers the hood and smiles

 or are we gunna go find my husband?"The figure lowers the hood and smiles

Vernal: "nice to finally meet the in-laws."

*no ones POV*

Winter: "I... I don't believe it. Vernal. But you... you died."

Verna: "huh... I guess I did. Hey Abyss, I'm alive right?"

Abyss: "yep, all vital signs are running smoothly, you are one fully living gal!"

Vernal: "well that's your answer. Oh by the way in-laws this is my ghost Abyss, Abyss this is Y/n's parents, Qrow and Winter."

Abyss: "howdy, parents of the god slayer."

Qrow: "I don't understand. What happened to you? Does Y/n know you're ok?"

Vernal: "not yet, that's why I came here as soon as I could, speaking of my beloved, where exactly is he? I'd quite like to kiss that man until the end of time."

Qrow: "he's uh... he not here right now. His buddy Cayde has been murdered... Y/n has gone off on his own to hunt down Uldren Sov."

Vernal: "Cayde's dead? Damn. So he's gone rouge?"

Winter: "afraid so. He may be my son and follow orders, but he's also Qrow's, meaning he only follows them when he wants to."

Qrow: "once a Branwen, always a Branwen."

Vernal: "*sigh* he still as stubborn as ever. Not even Ikora or the vanguard have been able to contact him, he's blocked them all out telepathically."

Winter: "I don't understand, if you are alive where have you been? Why didn't you come find Y/n again?"

Vernal: "...that's a long story. For now let's just say I've met some of Y/n's friends and they helped me get to grips with everything. I came as soon as I could."