Returning to his routes- "Raven I need a favor"

*1 week later, Ravens POV*
I was sat at Vernals headstone, after I sent Y/n to meet his father I returned to the battle site to retrieve her body, to find nothing but her weapons. They were placed in a memorial on the spot that Y/n proposed to her, it seemed fitting.
Bandit: "hey boss!"

Raven: "yes?"

Bandit: "sorry to disturb you, there's some cloaked freaky guy here to see you."

A tall hooded figure emerges from behind the group of bandits forming, his face is cloaked in shadows from the coal, and no features can be made out, save for the long bulge of a sword on his back

Raven: "can I help you? Im rather busy at the moment."

"A noble act for a bandit. Who was she?"

Raven: "her name was Vernal. She was... one of the greatest fighters we ever had. The smartest tactician to ever grace our camp. But above all, I was proud to call her my daughter in-law... I just wish Y/n was here to see you at peace Vernal."

"Y/n? Y/n Branwen?"

Raven: "yes! How do you know him?"

The figure throws a badge to the floor. It's an atlas military dog tag with Y/n's name on it.

"The soldier Y/n is taking a sabbatical. As for what you said earlier, you should be careful what you wish for. You and I both know wishes are powerful things. Vernal blew out her candles that day and wished for a best friend... then you found me."

The crowd around the small gravestone turned. Some were angry, others were scared as the man threw the cloak from his shoulder revealing a man I knew all too well, my adopted son. My nephew Y/n

Raven: "Y/n."

Bandit: "you... you TRAITOR!"

Raven: "that's enough! He is no traitor. He has his reasons for his choices."

"Thank you aunt Raven, but I can speak for myself. If there is any man, woman or child here right now who would throw a grieving husband out before he had chance to say farewell, let them speak now, or forever keep your damn mouths shut. Anyone? I thought not."

Raven: "that's my boy. I assume you want to talk about something important, but that can wait. You should say a few words, don't you think."

"Yeah... alright"

I walk through the crowd as I remove my helmet and place it on the floor before Vernal.

A/n: this is it... *play song at top*

"You knew I was never good with words so I'll keep this brief. This past month has been... the worst I've ever experienced. *chuckle* you'd have thought that was funny considering how I spent my childhood so alone, when you see your mom up there let her know I'm sorry for breaking her best china, I bet she's still upset about that. you'd have laughed at that... I miss your laugh. It brought joy to my day no matter how harrowing it had been. Your smile made everyday worth waking up for. You always watched my back, and kept me going even when the odds were against us. You fought bravely and even still, I guess you had a more important job up there than down here. Keep our daughter safe, I will never watch her take her first steps. Our family was ripped apart before it could begin and that hurts the most. There are people who silenced your laughter from this land and robbed me of being a father and I will never forgive them..."

I look up at Raven
"And I now know that it was Cinder to blame. I was angry and didn't know the full story, I lashed out in rage and I can only hope you'll forgive me for my actions."

Raven smiles, and I can see tears welling in her eyes as she kneels beside me, and Vernals grave

Raven: "Y/n you have nothing to apologise for. I don't ever expect you to forgive me. I should never, NEVER have placed her in danger, but she was desperate to do her part to stop Cinder... no matter the cost."