Coming Down

All I could do was stare at them. I couldn't remove my eye's from them. It was if I wanted to soak up their every movement, sound, I didn't want to miss a thing. I'd already missed so much.

Upon arriving home, I had the twins settled into my home. The very existence of Ivy had been wiped from my place. My home now was littered with toys and child proof. I had a spare room decorated like a pirate's ship for the twins and I placed Jane in another spare room until I decided what to do with her. As of right now she was a tremendous help, especially when the boy's started crying for Sam. They haven't quite warmed up to me yet or my family. Well besides for Miri's children, they loved for them to visit as we as Conner's kid's.

The twins were a bit better toward my mom and Miri but the oddest thing was how they clung to my Pape. As soon as he walked in Heir sized him up in the most humorous way. We all had to hide our laughter as he totted up to Pape and gave him that legendary Harper glare. My Pape squatted down to his level and shot the glare back. By this time Sire became curious and wandered over.

Surprising us all Heir stuck his little finger out and poked my Pape's nose. Pape grinned and poked his nose back and received a smile from Heir and just like that Heir worked his way onto Pape's lap followed by Sire. I have to admit that I was a bit jealous that they latched on quicker to him then me.

This is why Jane came in handy, she knew how to console them. She knew their likes and dislikes, what food they could or couldn't have, their habits and routines. After having breakfast with them this morning I made my way to the den to check on thing's. I was just passing through the secret hall thinking of my twins finally under my roof when Cole popped out of nowhere. His suit was wrinkled, hair wild and eye's glassy. "Man you look like shit. What's up?"

Cole remained still and said in a strained voice. "You're what's wrong. Let my cousin go. Beat the fuck outta him then let him go".

"It's not possible Cole. You know the rules. Aleck fucked up now he must pay up." I said feeling exasperated from having this conversation yet again.

"It doesn't have to be that way Demarco." Cole tried to reason with me.

"If you kill my cousin you will kill our friendship as well. Is it worth it?"

I huffed out. "This isn't personal numb nut, it's business".

"So it's like that?" Cole hissed.

I remained silent letting him know that this conversation was over and went to pass by him. As I did I was taken by surprise as Cole slammed his fist into my mouth. "It's not personal Demarco, just business ". He snarled.

"The fuck man" I growled. "The fuck wrong with you son of a bitch?"

My answer was another punch to my jaw. "Fuck this shit. You wanna do this, let's do this". I said slinging my coat aside and squaring up. I jabbed my fist into his chin followed by a blow to his lip.

Cole followed back with a few jabs of his own. Soon we busted through the doors to the den and rolled out into the middle of the floor. The men stood by as the hookers shrank away screaming. We both hopped to our feet and continued to go at it. We ended up by the bar and Cole grasped me by my neck bending me back over the bar. My hand grasped a beer bottle and I shattered it over his head. Cole stepped off and grabbed a pool stick from a bystanders hand and proceeded to break it over my back. "I'm going to fuck your world up". I barked.

"Too late for that you little bitch. Your sister beat you to it". Cole retorted.

"Get my sister's name outta your mouth". I warned.

With that Cole lunged at me and tackled me to the floor. Sitting on my chest he started pummeling my face. Then I hear Miri shriek. "Cole get off my brother".

Thanks to Miri's interference Cole looked away and I was able to flip him over. I now sat atop him and proceeded to choke him. "Stop Demarco". Mirir screamed. "Get off my husband".

Cole raised his legs up and managed to wrap them around my head jerking me off. We both stood again and locked onto each other taking turns delivering blows. We both poured blood and had tore the den to shreds. "Let him go". Cole demanded.

"Okay, I will.... As soon as I slit his throat you cock sucker". I spat.

Cole let out a warrior cry and charged me. I picked up a chair and broke it across his back blocking the charge. Cole picked up the chair leg that had broken off and smacked it into my ribs. He was bringing it back down with my head as the target when I swept his feet. Once he was down I started to kick him as Miri screamed. Cole yanked my feet from under me sending me crashing down. Gripping my leg he wrapped it around his leg in a painful pretzel type twist. The bastard was trying to break my ankle. With my free foot I kicked him in his jaw and we were both going back for each other when a gun shot rang out bringing us to attention.

My Pape stood over us holding s smoking gun. "Get your sorry asses the fuck up. Demarco, fuck outta my sight. Cole take your ass to your own buolding. Somebody better clean this place the fuck up".

Instantly the people started running around doing as my Pape bid. Cole swiped the blood from his lip then pointed at me. "This is by far from over fucker. If my cousin dies you better prepare for a war like none other".

With that Cole stormed out as Miri sobbed and took off after him. "Mirimosa keep your ass here". My Pape bellowed.

Of course Miri didn't listen and ran on. "Fuck". Pape swore and looked at me. "I'll deal with you when I get back. Right now I gotta make sure that lunatic doesn't hurt Miri".

After Pape fled I stormed toward my office but quickly took another turn and found myself striding to the medical facility. Within seconds I was standing in Sam's room as she lied motionless on the bed having been put in a medically induced coma. Her injuries were so extensive and so many broken bones this was easier. This way she could heal and skip all the pain. I don't know why but I yelled at her sleeping form. "You fucking betrayed me. Got me all fucked up. Fuck I fucking hate you. Do you hear me Sam, I hate you".

She continued to lie there still but isn't that what she's suppose to do? Walking closer to the bed I stared at the visible bruises that were beginning to yellow. Suddenly I found myself slipping into the bed beside her. The all too familiar scent that was her assaulted my nose and I gently laid my head on her shoulder exhausted. "I hate you". I whispered before I fell off into a deep sleep.