Not Possible

After the initial shock subsided I gripped the doctor by his coller and slammed his back into the wall. "You better fix this fuck up and fast or you want have a chance to. The fucks going on here?"

Conner was giving me a what the fuck look. "Don't fucking look at me that way. Every morherfucker in this building should know this is bullshit".

Not caring what the other's thought any longer I took off after my wife. I found her in our place and it wasn't good. Babydoll was loading up on weapons. "What are you doing?" I hissed.

"The fucks it look like bastard. I'm going for my kid's and not one morherfucker is going to stop me. Besides you should stay back and be a father to your newfound daughter". Laney sneered.

"You can't believe that bullshit babydoll." I barked. "You of all people should know better".

"Well guess what London? DNA don't lie but my husband does. Now get the hell out of my sight. I don't even want to share the same air as you". Laney screamed.

I rushed toward her and spun her around to face me. "Laney, you can't believe this. I'm having the doctor run the test again as we speak".

"Ha. As if I'd believe a new test. I'm sure you threatened the doctor's life so of course he's going to fix this mess".

Placing my hands on either side of her face I spoke in a horse voice full of emotions. "Baby, please. You know I'd never do anything like this. You fucking know me more than I know myself. Listen to me Laney. I've never looked at another woman since you. I've breathed you since the day I met you. Now calm down and let's work on getting our babies home safe".

Laney broke free from my grasp. "If I hadn't had met you, married you my babies wouldn't be in danger all the time. They wouldn't be living this curse of a life that you call a legacy. I rue the day I met you London Harper. You ruined my life". She said full of venom.

My heart felt like it stopped beating. Laney just confirmed one of my biggest fears, guilts. I often questioned if I had in fact corrupted her life. If she regretted marrying me, and now I had my answer. More anger at hearing this roiled up inside me and I delivered a hard, viscous smack to her face. Never in our time together had I hit her so and I instantly regretted it. The blow had enough force to knock her off balance and the only thing that saved her from falling was a nearby chair she gripped onto. She turned her face back toward me and I'll never forget the look in her eye's as long as I live. Her face was starting to swell and showing signs of bruising. Never had I bruised her out of anger. Rough sex yes, but never anger. Even the few time's I have been rough with her duiring an argument I never really hit her hard, just enough to let her know who was in charge. But those fights always led up to some raunchy sex but not this time. Laney didn't hold that firey, sultry look in her eye's this time. No, her eye's were cold and held no emotion, eye's of a killer.

In a choked up voice I begged. "I'm sorry babydoll. I didn't mean to. I never wanted to hurt you."

I tried to pull her into my arm's and soothe the hurt away but Laney shocked me by her next move. As I held her close I felt the cold steel of a gun pressed into my temple and the click of the hammer. I slowly released her and backed off showing her my hands. "Do you know that I have killed every man that placed his hands on me wrongly? Don't be my next Harper". Laney spoke with an eerie calmness.

"Babydoll put the gun down. You know I'd never hurt you. I'm sorry but my anger overtook me". I tried to plead.

"Go sit your fucking ass over there on my chase lounge. Turn your back to me and look out the window". She ordered.

Fuck, was she going to kill me in cold blood I questioned. "Laney let's talk this out babydoll".  I tried to reason.

"Move it now Harper". She screamed  and fired a shot near my head to show she meant business.

The bullet whizzed about two feet from my scalp and embedded in the wall behind me. "Calm down babydoll."

She inched closer to me until I started backing up. I knew she couldn't be talked down right now so I did as she asked. Once I had my back facing her she spoke. "I'm going to save my babies right now and when I return I'll deal with you.... that's a promise Harper".

I heard the door click shut and I instantly phoned my men to stop her. Not because she just placed a threat on my life but because if she went to Russia alone she wouldn't return alive. There's no way she could take them out alone. Minutes later my men phoned back saying their was no sign of her. I raced to the security room and ran the camera. The fucking smart bitch took the trash shoot again to escape.

Instantly I regretted allowing her to purchase her own plane a few year's ago. There was no way I could intervene and even if I could my men probably couldn't make it in time. Besides we are running low on men due to the ambush and all we have is Cole's men. Rushing back down to the Den I informed everyone that Laney had taken off for Russia and we needed to move fast. I looked at Conner. "You coming?"

He looked at Ela. "Go". She said. "I'll look after Ari".

Ari was currently in surgery but I busted in. "As soon as you finish up you better get to the bottom of this". I snarled at the doctor.

Conner looked at me. "Relax. She is definitely yours or someone else's. I've never stepped out on my wife".

Within thirty minutes we were strapped up and on our way to the jets. Conner set alone deep in thought  while Cole sat holding his knife telling no one in particular how he was going to make paperdolls out of the Russians. As for me my mind kept bouncing between my kid's and my wife.