You can't have me {A Vampire Romance} [#8]

Original Publish Date: 10/21/2008 

Very shortly after we arrived back at the “coven house”, I was being led by a small framed girl to some unknown destination. Every time I asked all she told me was that it had to do with training. I rolled my eyes and sighed. Well, I would get to see my worst enemy again.

Suddenly the girl stopped in front of a door and I followed suit. She opened it and gestured for me to enter. “You will be joined shortly, but for now make yourself comfortable.” Her voice was like a whisper it was so soft and gentle, but I found that I could hear her perfectly. Maybe that was another vampy power I got. Fringe benefits.

“Thanks.” I said and slipped into the room. It was decorated in earthy browns and had a long table that looked to be for dining, lined with chairs of tall backs and red satin cushions. A large bouquet of flowers in the same neutral colors as the room made the center piece for the table, and I also noted the few end tables spotting the room against the walls with lamps and flower vases adorning their surfaces.

I walked to my right to observe and old painting looming over one of the dark wood end tables, and found it was of a man similar to Hunter, with what looked like his brother next to him. I recalled that he had said Trace was like his brother, but the man standing next to the Hunter look-alike, bore no resemblance to Trace.

Again I moved, heading across the red and brown Persian rug when I tripped over something. Luckily, since the table was right next to me, I caught it before I went down. I looked behind me, as I had traveled forward a few steps, and saw a nice setup of a slinky red-pink blanket strewn across the floor and silky pillows of the same color set up at each end, as if two lovers could sit across from each other. I looked around to make sure no one had seen my klutziness and fixed the pillows I had thrown with my foot. I shook my head and straightened myself out when I had made the messed up side look identical to the neat one. Something caught my attention from the corner of my eye and I looked at the doorway.

“You have a talent,” My teacher began. “For getting yourself into weird situations.” Sebastian paced over to me and stood there like a statue.

“Well, we all have to be good at something.” I retorted with only a little sourness in my tone. “So, what exactly are we doing in this room?” I asked; an eyebrow quirked and a puzzled look on my face.

“We are practicing your mental capability. The earth tones help to balance and calm you so that you can focus and be more in tune.” He replied. I nodded and waited for him to move. His gaze never wavered from my face, probably because I looked like a caged coyote.

“Umm…. So what’s my first task?” I questioned, for lack of anything else to say or do.

“Sit.” He simply said, and gestured to the recently fixed pillows.

“Are you serious? There’s no way I’m sitting right there, it looks like a set-up for a romantic picnic.” My voice and expression were shocked, but quickly changed to resentment towards my educator. I plopped down, with my back facing the pillows and Sebastian and sighed. I knew, and I think he knew it too, that it was no use arguing.

“Alright. Relax, and close your eyes.” He instructed. I quickly turned my upper body to glare at him.

“I’m not closing my eyes, I don’t trust you enough.” I stated bluntly and he sighed.

Sebastian sighed and crouched to my level, and even then he still dwarfed me. His fierce gaze stared into mine and his tone exuded a small twinge of anger. “I’m not here because I want to be, and neither are you. You don’t trust me, and I don’t trust you either. If you can do what I say, we’ll be done with this sooner rather than later. All you’re doing is making this more complicated.” He said and clenched his jaw together.

My entire being wanted to shrink back away from him and his dangerous tone, but I just glared at him and turned around. I let my eyes flutter closed and waited for directions.

“Alright, now, concentrate on that forest you woke up in, your surroundings, yourself, try to think or imagine who you were. If there is any glimpse of a memory, grasp it.” His voice spoke. I heard his movements, and knew the exact moment he sat down across from me. That didn’t bother me at all, but what did is when I felt fingertips on my temples, massaging them. It made my head feel better as I tried to remember. Then I realized the only other person in the room with me was Sebastian. Delayed, I know, but it scared the crap out of me.

In my terror my eyes flew open and I swear I felt a shock of electricity hit me from his fingers. I jumped up really quick, and as I did so, for some reason I thought I saw Sebastian staring at his hands in utter horror, but when I had steadied myself using the table, he looked no different than the emotionless man he was.

“What the hell?!” Each word was pronounced clearly and separately, as if they were their own sentences. I stared at him with fright and, due to my instincts that were shrieking at me to get away from him, that’s what I tried to do. I shifted and walked hastily towards the door, not even caring what had happened, or how mad Sebastian would get if I left. I couldn’t do this anymore, and it was only my first day. “I’m getting the heck out of here.” I said with a trembling voice as I reached for the door knob. Suddenly I was yanked back so fast it felt like my organs had been left where I was standing. (Kind of like when you’re on a roller coaster and you hit a drop). I was thrown against a wall harshly and I looked up to Sebastian.

“You are not going anywhere. I’ve fucking had it with you! I am not going to waste my time because you can’t trust anyone.” His words were fierce, a cutting deep kind of anger that was rarely heard, but coming from Sebastian it was ten times worse.

“What is your problem? Are you even living in the same century as everyone else? You can’t just toss people around like that and tell them what to do. I’m sorry Macho man; it doesn’t quite work that way anymore. And for the record, I do trust someone, and I could probably trust anyone but you.” I yelled back. He was so tall I had my head almost completely thrown back; I didn’t even reach his shoulder. I glared at him as best I could, but it was hard with him so close I could feel his breath on my face and his body heat transferring to mine. I had to hold myself back from gagging at the thought of liking him. I would never be caught dead with him, if he were the last human on the planet.

“Well that’s nice, but it doesn’t make a whole shit load of difference to me. You can hate me; it doesn’t matter. I just want to get this crap over with so you can leave, but apparently that’s asking too much of the princess here. As a matter of fact yes, I am living in the same century and I can throw around anyone I goddamn well please. It’s none of your business the actions I choose to take; whether you’re the victim or not.” He growled in reply. I saw this wasn’t going anywhere, but I couldn’t help it.

“Can I leave now, or are you still going on a he-man rampage? “ I asked sarcastically but with the same fierceness I had earlier. He just growled low in his throat, his jaw clenched tightly and gaze locked on me. He placed his hands on either side of me, against the wall so I was trapped between to solid surfaces. “Let me leave.” I growled back and glared up at him.

“You’re not leaving. Go sit down.” He roared, obviously tired of my attempts, but I refused. I simply crossed my arms and stood straight up, challenging him with my posture.

“Go ahead, do something about it caveman, I dare you. Either way I’m getting out of here.” My words came out a little snottier than I expected but Sebastian deserved it.

Sebastian hesitated for a minute, staring down at me with his angry eyes, stone cold expression, clenched jaw, and statue-like posture, but then he moved. He actually listened to me, and did something totally unexpected that I was almost frozen to my core in shock.