You can't have me {A Vampire Romance} [#23]

Original Publish Date: 12/22/2008

 In total panic and confusion I had to make a fast decision. Really fast. The only thought that crossed my mind though, was to stop him. I used my preternatural speed to wedge myself between the two male vampires and the next thing I knew there was sharp pain taking over my entire being from both sides of me. My insides were on fire and I heard a scream pierce the air. I was surprised when I figured out that the scream had come from me. The pain thundered through me like a drum and black began to cloud the edges of my vision.

 “Seilauna!” I heard a male shout. Sebastian. He had yelled my name and there was pure worry and panic laced around the single word. That was it; after that I remember nothing.

I sat up from a couch on one of the raised platforms in the club. It was the same club I had almost killed that vampire chick in. There was a martini glass in front of me filled with a neon green liquid, most likely absinthe. The pulsating music and red lights were familiar, but I didn’t feel like myself. I reached shakily for the martini glass and took a sip, glancing around and trying to figure out why I was here. Suddenly a back door swung open and I saw myself huffing through the crowds.

 “What the…?” The words escaped from my mouth as I wondered how I could be sitting up here, yet watching myself walk across the room on the lower level. I suddenly felt my head begin to throb and images began to invade my mind again. Sick ones. Ones that no normal person would ever have. And they were all of me.

 I tried to make sense of what was going on, tried to pull myself away, but nothing seemed to work. It was like someone was forcing me to watch this night over again. I saw myself and that stupid vampire chick, the whole scene of me pounding her face in played before me like a movie, and the person (whoever it was that I was sharing a body with) smiled wickedly. I saw Sebastian walking back into the club from the same door my body had entered, and images of him flooded my mind. These weren’t sick in the sense of me though, they were just psychotic.

 I tried to scream, to struggle, but to no avail. Suddenly I heard Sebastian calling my name, but when I looked to him in the scene below, he wasn’t saying anything; he was assisting other vampires that were trying to pry me off that sleazy bitch. I screamed louder, hoping Sebastian would hear me, and suddenly, the club began to dissipate.

 “Launa! Come on my love, snap out of it!” I heard Sebastian repeating over and over. As the club and twisted scene around me faded, Sebastian’s worried face began to appear. I heard myself screaming bloody murder, and could feel the sting of hot tears, and the spasms of sobs wracking my body, but it took me a minute or two to actually begin to feel them. “Launa! It’s alright, wake up love.” He said. I finally gained my motor skills back and flung myself at him, sobbing into his shoulder. His arms tightened around me and I could tell they weren’t going to let me go. Sebastian hushed me softly, and after a few minutes, he pulled away just enough to look at me. “What happened?” He whispered.

 “I…I…I don’t know.” I stuttered. His usually strong and watchful eyes were soft and concerned. I buried my face into his shoulder again and he began to stroke my hair gently. I didn’t want to talk about it. Ever.

 Sebastian made me straddle him, and he sat back against the pillows with me in his lap. “Well, it’s over now. I have you and you’re safe.” He said quietly. I nodded my head, but didn’t speak, still in shock of what happened. I didn’t know why it was happening either.

 A little later – what practically seemed like an hour, but probably wasn’t – I lifted my head off of Sebastian and looked him in the eyes. “You called me Launa.” I said. He smiled.

 “It gets a little tiring sometimes, having to say your name, since it’s so long.” He replied, and I just nodded.

 “Hey Sebastian? Where has Trace been the last few days?” I looked at him with a puzzled expression and he returned it with one all the same.

 “I have no idea. He’s a sneaky little bastard though, so I wouldn’t doubt he’s just doing something to surprise everyone.” Sebastian tried to reassure me. But it wasn’t working. Suddenly my trust level dropped in him. He had just disappeared. “Are you feeling ok? I mean your wounds?” He asked, and I looked at him like he was crazy.

 “What w—“ but I looked down as I asked, and suddenly I wished I hadn’t. Covering my stomach was a bandage larger than my hand, and a bloodstain coloring nearly all of it. I guessed the same thing was on my back, since I had felt pain from both sides. I didn’t even want to know why I didn’t feel the pain. “What happened?” I asked regrettably. I looked up to Sebastian and utter sadness filled his eyes. If he was the crying type he probably would have burst into tears.

 “The Prince and I, in our trivial battle, both ripped into your stomach as you stepped into the way. I just feel so—“ He began, but I put a finger over his lips to quiet him.

 “Don’t. You did nothing wrong. It was my fault I jumped in between you guys, so don’t go feeling like you failed me or something. Let’s go back to bed, and in the morning, we’re hunting down Trace. It may be difficult though, because I have a feeling I’m going to be given hell from these things.” I said and pointed at my wounds. Sebastian kissed me gently, and we lay back down.

 The morning was going to be interesting, and I definitely had a few questions for Trace.