You can't have me {A Vampire Romance} [#30] Final Chapter

Original Publish Date: 1/27/2009

 The vampire, who had short dark brown hair and red eyes, snarled at me with fangs extended and spit running down his chin. Yummy.

 He advanced on me in a blur, using his speed like it gave him and advantage. I timed myself, watching him come towards me and not moving. At the last second I picked up a stake that some dead human had in their hand, and positioned it at his heart. He realized just before it sank into his chest and his face twisted in fear. I actually kind of felt bad for him. I stumbled backwards from the impact, but used the stake to toss him onto the floor and carried on my journey.

 I soon reached the door which concealed my mate behind it, but there was one problem. It was slightly open.

 My heart began to pound crazily, worried that Trace had already gotten him. I kicked the door open and looked inside. Trace was standing behind my mate, a long finger nail poised and cutting into his neck. “Ahh, here she is. The warrior woman we’ve all been waiting for. She is mine you know.” His raspy voice recited in a over-glorious way and I glared at him. Sebastian struggled against the chains, but gave up when Trace’s nail dug deeper.

 I took a step forward and Trace halted me. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” He said. I thought for a moment. Trace was much older than me, meaning he was stronger and faster. Plus he had some crazy-ass disease that made him absolutely bat shit.

 Moment’s up.

 A vampire leaped at me from the corner of the room, taking me by surprise and knocking me to the floor. I figured Trace probably had bitten all of his followers so I tried as hard as I could not to let this guy bite me.

 He had pinned me to the floor pretty good, but thankfully he had forgotten my legs. I brought my knee up fast and hard and hit him where the sun doesn’t shine. He lurched forward in pain and I pushed him off of me while I had the chance. I scrambled around for anything I could use against him, and cursed out loud when I found absolutely nothing but the cold metal of the walls and floor.

 Long fingers wrapped around my ankles and dragged me backwards. I kicked as hard as I could, and then brought my leg down on his fingers. He screamed in pain and I elbowed him in the nose. He fell flat to the floor and I drew back my fist. I plunged it downward with all my vampire strength and ripped out the beating organ in his chest – the only way to kill him.

 I looked up at Trace and he was looking at me like he’d seen a ghost. Apparently I was capable of more than he’d ever imagined. His shock twisted into a sick happiness and he began walking towards me. “You see, it’s not just me that’s crazy. We could be perfect together, and rule the entire world. This disease, it’s not a sickness, it’s a gift. A great gift beyond comprehension.” He recited and I didn’t move. He stepped close to me and stroked my hair with one of his disgusting hands. Images began to swim in my brain, those ones that constantly gave me a pounding headache and made me want to puke they were so sick. I kept my face neutral even though every fiber of my being was screaming at me to do something. I instantly knew that all those times I’d had headaches from the invasion of images, it had been from Trace. Somehow he was sharing thoughts with me, or I could just read peoples’ minds. “Launa, I need you. That’s all that’s left to complete my plan, and together, we will reign.” He said gently. I looked up at him, gathering everything in me to give a star struck look to my face.

 “Wow…” I trailed off, and a triumph surged through his eyes. He thought he had me. “You know, I get it now…” I said slowly and he laughed. “Keep you friends close, and your enemies closer.” I said in a serious tone, and his head snapped back down to look at me with a puzzled expression on his face. In that same instant, I snaked my hands up to frame his head and snapped his neck. I picked up his mangled hand off my shoulder and used it’s long, torturous nails to dig out his heart. I kicked him so he landed on the floor, face down, and looked over at my mate. My breathing was ragged and the room began to spin. Sebastian broke out of the chains, which I hadn’t even realized some of them had been removed thanks to Trace, and caught me before I even knew I was falling. I looked up at him, completely dazed.

 “It’s over Launa.” He whispered, and I shook my head.

 “I don’t mean to be cliché, but it’s just beginning. We still have to cure you and… find out… what is causing this… and… find the… hu…” and I was out.

The End.

(Sequel - Under Your Spell)