You can't have me {A Vampire Romance} [#12]

Original Publish Date: 10/22/2008

 We pulled up right behind the other two cars full of vampires and came to a stop next to the club. The entire car ride had been hell because Sebastian couldn’t stop glancing at me every chance he got; luckily though, he didn’t try to touch me.

 I got out as soon as I knew I could and walked over to where Ariella and Hunter were standing and waiting. I could feel Sebastian walk up close behind our little group of three, so when they began moving towards the open door, I went full speed ahead. When a butler took Ariella’s and Hunter’s coats I just stood there, because I lacked one to give to the man. My eyes searched the place; vampires were dancing everywhere, and it was more than that. They exuded sexuality. No wonder TV got some crazy ideas about them. But even then, they were graceful and ethereal, like no other beings I had ever seen.

 A dark-haired woman who had been sitting at the bar, noticeably staring at us, suddenly rose and began to stride in our direction. When she was nearer she put her arms all over Sebastian. “Oh, Sebastian, I was wondering when you would come back! Do come back with me and have a drink.” Her voice drawled. To some, it may have been sexy and sensuous; but to me it was downright nails on a chalk bored. There was an annoying pitch to it and she sounded high maintenance.

 I realized though, that I was glaring at her, and not for the reason I would have thought. I was glaring at her because she was touching Sebastian. I quickly shook my head to rid myself of the feeling, and cursed myself.

 Sebastian began to walk off with her and I scoffed, drawing attention to myself.

 “Where exactly do you think you’re going?” I said; my hands firmly on my hips and a defiant look in my eyes. Sebastian stopped and turned to me. For a second there was amusement playing across his face.

 ‘I wasn’t aware you would care. As I recall, you said you hated me.” His smooth voice said and I glared at him.

 I turned away and waved him off with a hand, secretly blushing. This sucked.

 “Ouch, I think you just got burned.” Trace whispered and I smiled.

 “Oh, you want to see burned? I can turn you into a pile of ashes in two seconds small fry.” I teased back and he faked terror.

 “What ever shall I do?” He yelled then smiled at me. “Sooo…. May I have this dance? Or will I get chased away by he-man?”

 “You may, I don’t think you have to worry about him; he’s plenty occupied by the sound of it.” I rolled my eyes and let Trace sweep me away by my arm. In my opinion, it wasn’t dancing, more like grinding and being sexual, but there was some dancing in it. I was almost mesmerized by the way the vampires practically moved as one unit, swaying and moving along with the beat. They had impeccable taste in music too.

 I was having a good time with Trace, dancing and definitely feeling all-woman, but good things never last.

 “I forgot to tell you, there’s a thing they do every once in a while. It’s called a Blackout Dance. They shut off all the power, excluding the music of course, and let us dance like that. Now, being vampires, we can see in the dark, but not here. No one knows why, but we’re practically plain mortals in this place.” Trace said. At first I thought nothing of it, I laughed and agreed it sounded like fun, and hoped they would do it.

 Then the power went out.

 I should have been comforted by the sound of the music, and the faint outline of Trace that I could see, but my alarms were shrieking at me to run; and I would have, had it not been for the fact that everyone was packed so tight and that I had no idea of which direction to go.

 Don’t be afraid. I’m coming. I froze. I looked around, my eyes squinted in an effort to see better. Sebastian was nowhere to be found. So how had I heard him say that?

 “What the…?” I whispered, but then I felt his arms around me. I started to panic again, not only feeling claustrophobic now, but also feeling like running. I heard a metal door swing open and saw a flood light above the doorway. As soon as we were outside, I realized I had been screaming and struggling against him. He finally let me go, but I just buried my face into his chest and held onto him for dear life. His arms closed around me once again and I swear I never felt safer. The sobs came on and his shirt was soon drenched, but he never let go, he didn’t even care about his shirt.

 Sebastian picked me up bridal style, and sat down on a nearby bench, all the while I was crying on him like a baby. He let me sit sideways in his lap and put his fingers under my chin so he could raise my face to his. His lips lightly touched my forehead in a small kiss and I tried to stop crying.

 “What is wrong? I don’t believe I’ve ever heard of a vampire that was afraid of the dark.” He said gently. I couldn’t believe, for how much of an asshole, and how cold of a man he was, how gentle he could be.

 “I don’t know…. I-I just freaked out. It must be something that happened to me that I can’t remember.” I whispered, incapable of being any louder.

 “You are safe with me now, little one. I won’t let you go.” He whispered back. He bent his head forward to kiss the trail of tears away and I closed my eyes against the reaction that I was having. If I hated this man, why did I yearn for him? Why was my body making me do things that my mind detested? I tried to forget all the questions in my head and just sit there under his sweet assault against my senses, but a few lingered.

 I couldn’t speak though; I didn’t even want to. His kisses were absolutely driving me mad and as his mouth got closer to mine, I grabbed his head and kissed him fiercely, not able to hold back any longer. His immediate reaction was to kiss back and hold me tighter to himself, and I just about melted on the spot. If I hadn’t been sitting down I would have fallen to the ground. I slowly stood, our lips still locked together, then pulled violently away because I had to force myself to.

 “I can’t. You were with that other woman and… and I hate you. Why is this happening to me?” I said, my voice rising a little in distress.

 “Hush. You are only doing what’s natural to you.” Sebastian attempted to explain.

 “Bullshit! Since when is kissing the very worst man on Earth natural?” He was insane if he thought any of this was “natural.”

 “Calm down!” He growled. I stopped ranting and looked him square in the eye.

 “Why can’t you just leave me alone? How many times to I have to tell you to stay away from me?” I asked him gravely. Soon I was pushed back against the brick wall that made up the other half of the alley we were in, and Sebastian’s sensuous mouth was at my ear.

 “I can’t stay away from you because you’re mine, and I want you for all eternity.” His velvet voice whispered and sent shivers down my spine, but I controlled them without much effort.

 “Well, that’s just too bad.” I said in a sarcastic way, but with a wave of acid.

 “Oh? And why is that?” He asked, sounding like he thought he’d already won.

 “You. Can’t. Have me.” I said dangerously and pushed him off of me. He hit the opposite wall because of how hard I shoved, and I walked back inside, a glare plastered to my expression. That was it. Where is that bitch?