You can't have me {A Vampire Romance} [#11]

Original Publish Date: 10/22/2008

The first thing I felt was someone’s gentle fingers brushing my hair away from my face. That sent my alarm system shrieking. In one movement I shoved myself to the opposite side of the bed and was ready to jump out when I thought to look and see who was touching me. It was Ariella.

 “Oh my, he’s got you scared out of your wits and running for your life.” She said speculatively.

 “No… I just don’t like it when people touch me.” I said, shifting my eyes away.

 “That’s not how it seemed last night.” She spoke softly.

 “Last night I was-“ I began, but cut myself off. She gave me a knowing look and smirked. “He does, doesn’t he? That man deserves to be hit with sunlight a thousand times over. I hate him.” I said. I sounded childish even to myself, but the whole situation seemed that way.

 “Well I’m sorry hon, but you’ll have to endure tonight, because we’re all going out.”

 “What?” I was completely confused.

 “Hunter figured that after all that happened everyone just needed to get out, so we’re going a to local vamp joint, nothing too fancy.” She informed. “I trust you’re over 21?”

 “Liked I would know.” I threw my hands up in the air in annoyance and she nodded.

 “Well, get ready, we’re gonna leave in an hour.” She started to get of the bed and walk towards the door but she stopped and turned around. “I also wanted to talk to you about something.”

 “What?” I asked in curiosity.

 “I know you’re not going to like this but, please sit down.” She gestured towards the bed. I began to protest but she glared at me. For the first time, I believe I was actually afraid of Ariella. I sat down on the bed and waited for her to join me.

 “Look, I’ve told you about mates before, and I regret having to tell you again. He can die without you. DIE. It’s not a joke. Sooner or later you’re not going to be able to resist being near him because he’s part of you, your body and soul want to be with him whether your mind and heart wants to or not.”

 “But you said it yourself! If you would have known you would have kept me away from him!” I raised my voice, but apologized quickly with my eyes.

 “I know, but I could never have truly meant it, as much as I wanted to. I have no control of what happens between mates and if I would have tired to protect you, he would have eventually gotten so mad that he would have killed me. Like Hunter said, it’s not a pretty sight when a male cannot have his mate. It truly is a beautiful thing when you just let him be with you, when you return all of his feelings. But you can’t do that unless you’re actually with him, and socialize with him.

 Sebastian and I have known each other practically since we were New Bloods, and it’s true, he is full of himself. He is a great man though, for all his strengths you can do nothing but admire him. If you cannot love him, at least let him love you.” She preached.

 “Why is everyone doing this to me? I expect Hunter to do it next since the rest of you have. Are all my allies gone to the dark side?” I yelled exhaustingly.

 “Well, they do have cookies.” Trace suddenly appeared out of thin air.

 “Yeah, thanks Joker.” I rolled my eyes and grabbed some clothes. I glared at both of them and then slammed and locked my bathroom door so I could get ready.