You can't have me {A Vampire Romance} [#15]

Original Publish Date: 11/14/2008

 “Where’s the front door?” I asked Trace. I had found him in little time, needing only my temper and a few frightened maids to give me directions.

 Trace looked up at me with a sheepish expression, probably thinking I would go psycho on him if he didn’t tell me. “Why? I’m technically not supposed to tell you.” He informed.

 “I want to take a run; it sounds like a good idea. Now where’s the goddamn door?”

 “Here, I’ll draw you a map.” Trace quickly sketched a pretty decent map on a paper and gave it to me. “Don’t go too far though; these woods that surround our house are pretty big and you can get lost very easily.” He warned concern apparent on his face. I shrugged it off and followed the trails of the map, hoping he hadn’t meant to lead me somewhere else.

 When I reached two extremely large doors that were ridiculously tall, I sighed in relief. Trace really did care about my happiness; why couldn’t he have been my mate?

 I outstretched my hand and tugged on one of the handles but it didn’t budge. I looked to see if there were any locks in place, but found nothing. I tugged harder and it just barely moved. “What the hell?!” I yelled to no one, wondering why the world was dead set against me leaving this horrid place.

 As my temper flared up, and I kept trying, somewhere in the middle I activated my vampire strength and I flung the door open so hard the hinges bent. I stood there and stared at the door in amazement as it hung crookedly to it’s metal counterparts.

 “Holy shit.” I whispered to myself. I shook my head to clear my shock and remembered I was trying to escape. I sprinted quickly out the door like a race horse at the start of the race. I ran as fast as I possibly could without using any preternatural speed, and smiled. I never had to see this place again. Then, of course, I heard something. Something was following me, but not exactly. More like surrounding me, but it was just one thing- or so my senses told me. I ran slightly faster, on the edge of just using my vampire speed skills, when it registered in my head.

 I practically saw it before it came. Large arms wrapped around me, locking my arms to my sides, and ripped me backwards out of my jogging and slightly disorientating me. I stood there, waiting for them to say something, and sighed when I heard them chuckle.

 “Where do you think you are going, beloved?” Sebastian asked, and even though I was facing the opposite direction, I could tell he was smirking.

 “I don’t think it’s any of your business.” I retorted, tired of getting caught like this.

 “How could it not be? Everything you do concerns me.” He replied.

 “How did you find out where I was?” I asked him. He laughed and put his lips to my ear.

 “Your buddy isn’t so quiet when it comes to your location.” Sebastian whispered and it sent chills down my spine. His breath sliding over my skin, his smooth voice, his warm and sexy body completely blanketing mine on one side. Yeah, this was hell all right.

 “Well then, I’m sorry to disappoint you, but right now you’re more useful to me dead.” I said and pulled out of his grip to start walking again. Keyword: start. He wrapped his fingers around my wrists like hand cuffs and yanked me back to him.

 “I already am dead.” He said, and one of his hands reached to tilt my head slightly to the side. I didn’t realize what he was doing until it was too late. His fangs sank down into my skin, but surprisingly, it didn’t hurt. In fact, it felt better than anything in the entire world, and I practically melted against him. I could feel the blood draining out of me, but it didn’t bother me; until I started to get weak.