Weeds - Chapter Eight

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

Some one once told me that tears were good for your skin, they said they cleansed pores like nothing else, they said that tears gave old cells new life. I had always thought this to be true, until now.

I was currently kneeling in front of a sobbing Logan whipping away his tears. His face was blotchy, the skin under his eyes was sticky from the tears, and his eyes had shrunken considerably leaving red lines covering his sclera. I patted his hair down hugging him lightly. He grabbed a handful of my shirt sobbing harder.

"See what you've caused?" I snapped at a scolded looking Cole whom had his hands folded in his lap.

He muttered another apology, and I continued to calm Logan down.

Cole had flipped out when he lost a game of hopscotch and threw the stone; the stone hit Logan's head.

The sound of someone closing the door filled the air and we all turned to see Elliott standing there in all black.

He walked to us, "What happened?"

"Cole here threw a rock at Logan." I said, holding my little brother harder.

Cole groaned, "I didn't mean to."

I narrowed my eyes flipping him off; Elliott grabbed Logan from my arms and began telling him something in a low voice. Soon Logan was calm, only an occasional sniffle slipping from him.

When Logan was okay, Elliott lead him into the house grabbing him a pack of ice and leaving him in front of the T.V.

Cole and I were in the most awkward silence I had ever been stuck in, I had my arms folded over my chest and he was sitting on the pavement with his arms crossed over his legs.

When Elliott came out Cole finally spoke, "Shouldn't you be in your coffin or something? The suns out."

I smirked a little, not at Cole but at Elliott. Cole's joke wasn't funny, but I wanted to see Elliott's reaction. Okay maybe Coles joke was a little funny, but I didn't want him to know I thought that.

Elliott had this look on his face that was a mixture of, 'Did you really just say that?' and 'Wow you're mature.'

But he surprised me when he smiled and came towards Cole, "Nice to see you again Cole."

Cole smiled grabbing Elliott's hand and they did one of those weird bro hugs.

I was left in one of the most confused states I had ever been in.

Cole was the first to try taking me out of my confuzzlement, "Elliott and I went to the same school in New York."

I was left stunned once again, what school would that be? So Cole ran away to New York and he couldn't bother telling me that? They knew each other? Elliott had friends?

I was looking between the two of them back and forth.

I scoffed picking up my phone and walking out of the drive way and into the house.

When I walked in Bridget welcomed me, she was buzzing around on this Friday after noon, at home. That was a first.

"Why are you here?" I asked, my tone coming out a little rougher than intended.

"I have a date with Zach tonight, geese don't you read the calendar?"

I scrunched my face looking at her strangely, her and Zach? Ha.