Weeds - Chapter Ten

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

"Do you want to like hang out or something?"  

"What?"  

"Never mind, I don't know I'm thinking, I'm sorry." West fidgeted awkwardly as he stood beside my locker.  

I grinned a little, "I'd like that." 

"What-Really?" He said his eyes wide. 

I nodded. 

"Great! I'll text you the details?"  

I nodded again.  

He smiled giving me an awkward shoulder pat before leaving. 

I went back to spraying Axe over the sandwich in my locker. I swear it gets worse every day.  

I let out a curse when the can stopped spraying, I only got this can a few days ago. I groaned in frustration when my Axe let out its last spray. 

I grabbed the newest book I had started reading shoving it in my bag, I had started reading the book Elliott had been reading a week ago , the difference being mine was in English while his was in another language. 

My copy had block letters spelling out 'A hundred years of solitude' on the front. So far I really liked it. 

"Awe, were you and pretty boy making plans?" A new voice asked when I locked the door to my locker. 

My shoulders tensed, "What do you want Cole?" 

He chuckled, "Well its Wednesday, and I thought I'd walk you home." 

I sighed, "We both know I don't go home after school on Wednesdays." 

He shrugged grabbing my bag which was hitched on my shoulder, swinging it onto his effortlessly. He always did that when we were younger, insisting that he could carry everything. That was always something he did, he insisted on carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders, I always let him because I knew he needed it. He needed some control in his life. 

We walked out of the building,  

It was breezy outside, I guess fall really was starting .  

Cole lead me to his motor cycle , I grabbed the black helmet and strapped it on. I put on my bag and he adjusted himself on the bike.  

If you thought I was one of those girls who are terrified of motorcycles and refer to them as 'death traps' you're mistaken.  

This specific bike was his favorite, it was black with opaque chrome around the chain , motor and handles. His dad got him it for his thirteenth birthday, they had restored it together. 

I got on, wrapping my arms around his waist. 

He started the contraption and we started zooming away, the wind felt nice against my face. It felt real. 

It was a short ride to the usual Wednesday hang out , I climbed off first dropping my bag near the tree . When Cole got off he leaned the motorcycle against a tree and we began walking. 

"So are you and pretty boy like a thing?" He asked. 

I shrugged, I knew that West and I weren't a thing but could we be? West was a really sweet guy.  

"How's your mom?" I asked, changing the subject. 

He breathed in a sigh ,scoffing, "She's alright, she's living in the Bay Area with her latest boy toy. He's like fifteen, I swear."