Weeds - Chapter Eleven

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

“Oh hey guys,” I greeted awkwardly balancing all my weight on my left foot.

“What are you doing here?” West asked.

“I live here?” I answered but it came out more like a question.

West shook his head, “Not you, him.” He said tilting his head in Elliott’s direction.

“He lives here.” I answered.

West was about to say something but Elliott cut him off, “I’m gonna go now.” And with that he pushed past us and disappeared upstairs.

Traitor.

When West and Cole turned to me the both had their own expression, Bridget just looked pissed off. She huffed loudly stomping up the stairs, I rolled my eyes.

I crossed my arms giving them ‘alright spill it’ look.

West began, “We came to cheek up on you since you didn’t come to school-”

“But you look pretty okay, in fact you look really fucking happy.” Cole interrupted.

I rolled my eyes at him internally, Cole gave me a pointed look before getting up from the couch and walking to the door, I walked after him, I grabbed his hand before he could leave.

 “Let me go Riley.” 

“No.” I said.

He snatched his arm away, “You know what Riley this whole time I felt like shit for leaving you but I guess I’m not the only one who’s changed.” And with that he slammed the door.

 I sighed turning to West; West was sitting on the couch leaning away from it. His hands crossed and an apologetic smile on his lips, “Riley.”

“West can we not do this right now?” I asked.

 He nodded getting up, he gave me a small hug and before he let go he kissed my cheek. I felt my cheeks warm even though I tried to hide it; he walked past me and left.

***

“It’s a flower." 

“It’s a camel.”

“How on earth is that camel? It is clearly a flower.”

“You think they’re all flowers!” I exclaimed.

“That’s because they are flowers!” Jake countered.

I groaned, “Can you not see the humps and the body!”

“Those are petals!” 

I rolled my examining the warehouse ceiling; the specks were definitely a camel.

I adjusted myself on my four arms looking at Elliott who was painting his wall; he wasn’t splattering anymore as he was painting with his hands, blending the grays and blacks.

 I rolled onto my stomach the cold cement floor felt well through my shirt. I was wearing Elliott’s shirt, I know how odd it sounds but I didn’t want to get uniform shirt dirty and I didn’t have another shirt so he lent me his.

The shirt was black with an Of Mice And Men logo on the front.

 It was after school on Friday, Jake had picked Elliott and I up from school right when third period ended.