Weeds - Chapter Twenty

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

Elliott's sleeping figure beside mine made my imagination twinkle.  

The cover he had pulled up to his chin had slid down revealing his tight grey shirt had ridden up, I could faintly see the trace of muscle from under his shirt and his happy trail disappearing under his black joggers.  

One of his hands was gripping mine tightly and the other was thrown over his head. 

I had an urge to lift up his shirt but I resisted the temptation knowing how much of an invasion that would be. 

I slowly slipped my hand from his , I left the room closing the door slowly. 

Not wanting to go downstairs I found myself walking into my mothers childhood room, the room was more or less a museum that had been preserved over the years. My mother never went in there and I had always wondered why. 

I took deep breath and turned the silver handle leading me in.  

The room was dark until I turned the switch bringing it to life. There was a queen bed in the far right corner of the room and a huge vanity mirror on the left wall, I walked to it. The frame of the vanity was white with small swirl designs, but what really caught my eye was one picture in specific that was tucked into the border of the mirror. 

My mother, who was always pristine and elegant had brown hair cascading down her shoulders in casual waves. She was cuddled up into a guy who wore a black t-shirt like hers and they held up their fingers as if they were guns, she had a light behind her eyes that I had never seen before.  

She looked happy, and alive.  

Growing up with my mother hadn't been easy, I had never heard the true story about what happened to my mom but I had a pretty good Idea.  Vivienne Stone got pregnant , and it ruined her life.  

I'm not sure how my parents met or when or where but I knew that what they had was the kind of love you read about in fairytales but love hadn't been enough, when she got pregnant with Bridget and I she moved back in with her parents and they helped her get her life back together. 

I knew Dylan Stone lived in New York, although he didn’t do shows anymore it wasn't hard to do a google search on him. 

I had only met Dylan Stone once, and he didn’t know who I was. 

It had been almost a year ago, he had done a small show for old times sake and I went.  

13 months ago 

"It's too hard for you  
To be without dreams again  
And you wonder if this is how the story ends , " Dylan sang softly into his microphone, he stared directly into my eyes  almost as if he knew me. 

"Well you know I've always wanted to be your man  
And you know I want to help you if I can  
If you look real hard, I am sure you'll find  
I've been here the whole damn time  " He shook his head slightly sighing he broke our eye contact. 

He looked broken as he continued singing, his messy brown hair shagging lazily over his forehead. People in the crowd had tears streaming down their faces, and I knew that the words to his song were causing it but I couldn't bring myself to care, all I cared about was meeting him. 

"If you believe in your doubting heart that love is blind  
I've been here the whole damn time  
Yes, I've been here the whole time "