Weeds - Chapter Thirty Seven

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

Ghost and I sat on the floor of her new enormous walk in closet, I had a spoon of vanilla ice cream in my mouth and Ghost continued folding some of the shirt that had tumbled upon her in the midst of finding an outfit. 

“Can I just wear that shirt?” I asked pointing to the white t shirt sprawled on the ground. 

“Of course not!” Ghost mumbled, “Who wears a white generic brand t-shirt to an exclusive club concert?” 
“Me?” 

Ghost shook her head and stood up, she grabbed a pair of dark burgundy leggings and a blouse with blue and white stripes, “Put this on.” 

She turned to the enormous wall of shoes and began looking through, I began tugging on the pants she gave me and she grabbed a pair of dark brown leather boots that looked about knee height. 

When I was done putting on what she tossed me I literally had no energy to change out of the hideous outfit, color clash much? 

I sucked it up although Ghost continued whining about her dislike towards the foul outfit she had picked out for me. 

I grabbed my hair and toppled it on my head in a bun because I was much too lazy to do anything proper. 

I grabbed a jean jacket that Ghost had laying around on one of the couches in her closet. 

“Jake sure is loaded , huh?” I asked as I fell onto the couch, waiting patiently for her. 

She shrugged , “He’s good at what he does I guess.” 

“Do you love him?” 

Ghost turned around, her ginger hair was pulled back into a braid, her glasses were framing her delicate face in a perfect manner, “Falling in love is a death sentence Riley, only the stupidest of the stupid would do something so risky. 

I nodded because I knew she was right , “But you didn’t answer my question.” 

Ghost nodded slowly, “I guess I'm incredibly stupid.” 

“Why are you in love with him?” 

She turned back to the racks and pulled out a pink short sleeve blouse, “I don’t know Riley, I just – its like if I had one hour to live I would undoubtedly want to absorb every millisecond with him and only him, and I know he can be childish but that’s what I need you know? He's the part of my life I had to fast forward and now I can experience it and its just, so refreshing.” 

I nodded, “He's the type of person you can drink lemonade with in a snow storm and hot coffee with in summer?” 

She nodded slowly, “Yeah, how do you come up with this stuff?” 

I shrugged and examined the room further, it was decorated in vintage patterns and old styled materials and although I didn’t like the style I knew Ghost loved it. 

“I'm going to get something to drink.” 

“Ill be down in a boo!” Ghost said as I walked out of the closet. 

I left the room and then the hallway and then down the stairs and then through another hallway until I was finally in the kitchen. 

“Hey Jake,” I acknowledged as I noticed Jake was seated on the counter reading a skate boring magazine, he was wearing a shirt under his black sweater with animated donuts and the words ‘Odd Future’ printed on the front.