Weeds - Chapter Thirty Nine

Vote

Comment

Fan

*

"What are we doing in Big Sur?"  

"Camping." Elliott mumbled as he parked his car into the empty lot. 

"Camping?" 

"Yeah."  

"Do you even camp?"  

"No." He turned off the ignition, "Well its not technically camping, its lodging." 

"Pish posh-" 

"Apple sauce." He finished, and got out of the car leaving me inside. He went to the back of his car, pulling up the hood. 

Sometime during the car ride he had pulled up the convertible cover and I hadn't even noticed. 

I had only been to Big Sur once, on the occasion of my eight grade end of year field trip to go surfing.  I of course was the only kid in my entire grade who lacked the ability to surf, so I had ended up getting a sun burn and watching other kids surf instead. 

I got out of the car, my feet aching upon contact with the rocky terrain because I wasn’t use to wearing boots, I was always a flat shoe kind of girl. 

Elliott grabbed two suitcases out from the back, only wincing slightly as he applied pressure on his injured hand. 

I didn’t offer to help him as he didn’t seem to be in a very talkative mood. 

I closed the trunk for him and he thanked me under his breath, he started walking off towards a trail and I followed dumbly behind him. A couple of girl walked by us, carrying their surf board and giggling, I of course didn’t miss the flirtatious glances they sent Elliott's way. 

Thirsty much? 

We continued down the trail until we arrived into a more woodsy area that had around ten log cabins that I could see and Elliott started one with a large American flag and the sign 'Management' engraved into one of the sides. He opened the screen door ,letting it slam behind him.  I rolled my eyes at his childish action but I knew it was my fault, I kissed him. Not the other way around. 

I opened the door and followed walked over the desk that Elliott was standing over.  A guy in his late twenties sat with his legs propped up on the counter as he read a marvel comic, his  platinum blonde hair falling over his forehead and a he wore a tight white Hollister shirt.  

I always forgot just how hot Californians could be, this being said there weren't too many hot guys at Stinson's. 

He brought his feet off the counter the second his eyes flickered over to us, "Hey guys what's up? What can I do you for?"  

"I need a two bed-" 

Elliott was cut off by the blond guy, "Sounds rad, for how long?" 

The blonde guy started typing away on a iMac . 

"Two nights."  

"Kay, cool, that'll be six hundred since it’s the start of the season." Blonde boy flipped his hair to the side and Elliott passed him his AmEx. 

I had never had a credit card, mainly because I didn’t believe in banks, why keep your money somewhere else and pay for the service when you can keep it yourself? 

The guy handed Elliott his card back and a set of keys with a small wooden key chain, "Your in cabin six, my names Gareth by the way if you need any help."