Weeds - Chapter Twenty Seven

• Dedicated to The Witch Sienna

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

"Is that Dylan Stone? Sitting in your kitchen?" Elliott whispered from behind me. 

I nodded turning to face an even paler Elliott than usual, his jaw was slack , "Oh my god, a musical legend is breathing the same air as me." He started breathing erratically and I swear I saw tears in his eyes. 

I forgot he was a fan. 

He let out a sound of distress before walking forward cautiously, Elliott was officially having a fan girl attack, "Introduce me!" 

I chuckled lightly before motioning for him to follow me into the kitchen where my father sat waiting for his choco puffs to sog. 

"Dylan," I called his attention and he turned to us, "Dylan this is our friend Elliott Preston, Elliott this is my dad Dylan Stone." 

Elliott's head whipped to me for a second glaring before going back to Dylan, "It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm a huge fan." 

"Likewise," Dylan said offering Elliott a hand, who took it as if it were the last Coca cola in the dessert. "You wouldn't happen to be related to Kirk Preston would you?" 

Elliott's eyes grew wide before he nodded frantically, "Yeah he's my dad, how do you know him?" 

"We grew up together, he's a rockin guy."  

Elliott looked mad for a second undoubtedly at his own father for not having told him that he knew Dylan Stone. 

Elliott and Dylan started chatting animatedly about guitars and I left to get ready for my date with West, yep he texted me at two in the morning asking if I was busy later that day. I agreed. 

I slid on a pair of jeans and baggy sweater, it was a colder fall than usual this year, I added a beanie to my ensemble before grabbing my beige back pack and heading downstairs. 

Elliott and Dylan were still in the kitchen when the doorbell rand, "I'll be back by six!" I yelled . 

I was hit with a smiling West he leaned in to kiss my cheek, "Hi." 

"Hey," I pulled away, skipping down the stairs, I didn't need my dad seeing too much PDA. 

West caught up to me, opening the door to his Jeep. I thanked him. 

West wore his usual Sperry's with skinny light blue pants and a brown North Face jacket. 

The drive was uncomfortable at best, thank god for the radio which made it bearable. 

It was a half an hour drive down to Stinson's beach, West grabbed a picnic basket from the trunk along with a large blanket. I stretched out in the parking lot, there were a lot more people than I expected. Most of the people were students from Stinson's although the town of Stinson was a heavy tourist attraction. 

MKTO's American Dream was pounding from the speakers planted along the beach, the warmth of the pavement suddenly removed the cold that I had been feeling. I took off my sweater throwing it into the back seat of the Jeep. 

West came across to my side of the Jeep offering me another drool worthy smile, he really was good looking, he offered me his arm and I accepted letting him lead us to wherever on the beach he had planed. 

There were a lot of people roller skating down the pedestrian path and we jogged past trying not to get run over. 

West settled us on sector of the beach right by the seashore, the smell of salt water was nauseating but I ignored it to the best of my ability.