Weeds - Chapter Thirty Six

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

My whole world went quiet. 

I watched Bridget's perfectly manicured fingers, and not at all crooked wrists weave into Coles hair and wrapped his arms tightly around her waist pushing her further into him. 

I felt like I was intruding on something that wasn’t mine so I looked down at my fingers which were peeled raw around the nail from my cuticle biting habit and the tips were callused over . 

I bit hard into the side of my cheek and grabbed the back of my pen to push back the skin around my nails , it hurt a little probably due to the fact that I had never gotten a real manicure before. 

I looked up for a second to see that Cole and Bridget were still groping each other and I looked back down. 

I felt the chair beside mine move a little and Elliott sat down, his face invading my vision. 

He smiled at me before grabbed my hand and placing them over his. 

I tilted my head to the side questioningly. 

He shrugged, "I'm cold." 

"You're always cold." 

"And you're always warm ." 

The side of my lip quirked and I nodded , "Yeah, you're right." 

I smiled at him and it was odd because I felt dead inside, I always felt dead but it was different now because I didn’t want to be. 

 I wanted to be alive. 

I turned my attention to the closed door and knew that class was beginning. 

Mr.Kerr handed out a few sheets because we had less than a week for our project to be over and we still had to do our final presentation. 

I stared at the sheet reading unseeingly, I glanced over at Elliott's paper and copied word for word what he had written. 

When we were finished I rested my head in my that wasn’t held by Elliott's and thought about how Cole was a guy and he couldn’t help having hormones. 

"Are you okay?" 

I looked over to Elliott, I nodded, "Yeah I'm great, why wouldn’t I be?" 

He pointed to the top right hand corner of my sheet, "Well you wrote down my name instead of yours." 

I chuckled embarrassedly, "Oh yeah , sorry about that, I'm just tired." 

He nodded and stood up, he walked over to Mr.Kerrs desk in a way that made every girl stare. 

He said something quietly and Mr.Ker frowned, but then he added something else and Mr.Kerrs blushed a deep shade of purple and nodded. 

Elliott came back , "Get up, we're leaving." 

I nodded and grabbed my bag following after him as he walked out. 

I had to speed walk to keep up with him and when I did I asked him he told Kerr so that we could skip. 

"I told him you had lady problems." 

I gasped, astonished at his bluntness and frankly embarrassing comment, I punched his arm as hard as I could, "I hate you." 

He stopped and grabbed my arm hardly , "Do you mean that?" He was suddenly completely serious and his face was completely blank of emotion as if my answer wouldn’t faze him and I slowly shook my head. 

"No." 

He let go of my arm , "Don’t say things you don’t mean." He pushed through the front door and out into the parking lot, I followed behind him silently. 

He took out his keys and unlocked his Camero, he sank into it folding his arms and pouting out of the window. 

I quietly sat adjacent to him and sat with my hand folded in my lap. 

After a few minuits I mumbled an apology and he shrugged, starting the engine. 

We drove in silence until we hit the freeway and I didn’t want silence because I knew he was mad. I wanted him to be happy. 

"Elliott?" 

"Yes?" 

"I'm sorry-" 

"Jesus Christ Riley just shut up, I love you and all but sometimes you can be really dense." 

He loves me. 

I nodded and stared out the window and I could feel my heart beating and I could feel my blood pumping, because he fucking loved me. 

I didn’t care if it wasn’t in the way I wanted him to love me , but just because someone doesn’t love you in the way you want them to doesn’t mean that they don’t love you with everything they’ve got. 

Right? 

When we pulled into his garage I got out and waited for him to open the door. 

After climbing up the stairs the first thing I did was collapse onto the bed, barely getting my sneaker off , I was exhausted, because he fucking loved me. 

Elliott went straight to the shower, he sure did shower a lot. 

I noticed that he had a lot of random sticky notes lining the room on different surfaces. There were tons on the windows and others on books, others on the furniture and even some on the walls. 

I made my way over to the closest sticky note and it had the word 'Accumulation' written on it, the next one had 'Neurological', the next was 'lasciviously' . 

"They're five syllable words." Elliott's voice said from behind me and I looked back, he had a red shirt on and a pair of joggers. 

His glasses were seated on his face and he scrunched up his face because the rim of the glasses was digging into the bridge of his neck. 

"Why?" I asked. 

"They're  palliative." He said shaking his head so that the beads of water flicked off. 

I smiled a little at another quirk of his and shook my head in exasperation, "Hasn’t anyone ever taught you that its bad not to dry your hair?" 

"No." 

I grabbed the blanket closest to us and pushed his shoulder lightly so that he would sit down, he complied and I tilted his head forward so that it was bowed. 

I brought the blanket up to his head and gently massaged the water out of his hair. 

When I was done I laid the blanket on a chair to air. 

 I leaned back on the bed so that I was staring at the ceiling  

I didn’t know what to say or what to do so I just didn’t do anything . 

A/N 

 I'm sorry its so short, If I wrote any more it would be completely and utterly moronic.