Weeds - Chapter Twenty Five

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

He flicked the match onto the gasoline covered box and I watched go up in flames 

He turned to face me, "We never speak of this again after tonight." 

"Never." 

*

24 Hours Prior 

Bridget and Elliott bubbled with inside jokes from their rode trip through out the entirety of dinner. 

It had been four days since the prank at school, four days since I found out Ghost was dating Jake and four days since I had spoken to Cole. 

 It was Thursday night as we all sat around the dinning table eating the ravioli my mother had made for dinner, well, technically bought at the grocery store and then heated  in the oven. 

Bridget raved on and on about how hilarious Elliott was and I wanted to tell her that Elliott was never 'hilarious'. He could be funny but not in a way that she would understand. 

I jabbed a few raviolis onto my fork and shoved them into my mouth, god I hate silverware. 

"How was your week Riley?" Elliott asked gracing me with a shy smile. 

"Fine." I grumbled. 

His eyes narrowed and he began glaring at me, his playful mood vanishing. Good. 

He didn’t say anything for the rest of dinner, the talking remaining solely between Bridget, Emma and my mother. 

I offered to do the dishes and clear the table, Elliott volunteered also.  

As everyone emptied out I started piling the dishes placing the silver ware all onto the top plate while Elliott juggle the cups and casseroles. 

I cleared the sink and placed the plates in. 

"Ill wash, you dry." Elliott told me and I didn’t bother going against his order although I did contemplate challenging on weather he gave me the easier task because I was the girl. 

He began on the first dish, he was good at washing. He was soft with the sponge obviously not wanting to scratch anything but he was thorough. 

I grabbed the first plate drying it down and searching for its place in the cupboard. 

"Why do you seem so upset?" He asked not bothering to look up from his work. 

"I'm not." 

"You are." 

"I'm not." I grabbed the next plate and began drying. 

"Riley." 

"Elliott." 

He let out an extremely loud sigh, "If you don’t tell me Ill be forced to assume the worst." 

"Oh and what's that?" 

He shrugged, "Anything really, my mind tends to wander to very... intense subjects." 

What did he mean by intense subjects? Suddenly I wasn’t as confident that I wouldn’t snap. I didn’t want Elliott to think shit about me. 

I shrugged, "I might be suspended from Stinson's possibly go to Juvie and have to pay a few grand ." 

"I think you might be exaggerating." 

I shock my head, "I don’t think I am." 

"Now I'm curious, spill the beans Riley." 

So I did, I told him bout how I was apart of a group of people who vandalized the school and I was a suspect. I also added in that his best friend was dating my friend Ghost.