Spirits are around us

Hey everyone sorry about the wait for this chapter. I have been SUPER busy writing 'Clouded Mind part 2' and judging by the number of chapters...I think I need to start are part 3. I have also been busy making some art for this chapter. You will see them soon enough when you read this chapter.

I would also like to give _Hvlpless a HUUUUUUUGE SHOUTOUT because she gave me inspiration on what Fuli's mother would look like so make sure you go check out her art book to see the original picture.

Enjoy the chapter

"What's going on Ono?" Asks Kion as he, Fuli and Beshte run after the egret. "And where's Bunga?"
"I don't know what to say about the situation Kion, but we're close." Replies Ono.
They stop at a hill and look at the chaos. They see Bunga jumping from rock, to tree, to animal while laughing.
"I am in charge of this territory!" Laughs Bunga as he steers a zebra into a tree.
"I don't know what to say." Says Beshte.
"Ono? What colour are Bunga's eyes?" Asks Fuli.
"Uhh...red? Why?" Answers Ono.
Everyone tries to trap Bunga or help the animals get to safety so they don't get steered into a tree or worse, a rock.

"I've got you now, Bunga!" Yells Fuli as she chases Bunga.
"I don't think so!" Snaps Bunga.
He jumps into a tree making Fuli almost run into it.
"Get down from there so can I trap you!"
"Why don't you come up here and get me? Oh right, cheetahs can't climb trees."
Fuli looks at her claws and sees that they are deep inside the tree. Stuck.
"YOU'RE A DEAD BADGER WHEN I GET MY CLAWS ON YOU!" She growls.
"I'd like to see you try." Replies Bunga, jumping out of the tree and running away.
"Fuli?" Asks Kion running to her side.
"Don't wait for me! Go get Bunga!" She snaps.
Kion and Beshte run after Bunga while Ono stays behind to help free Fuli.

"What makes you think you can catch me? Beshte's too slow and Kion can barely keep up with me during baobab ball." Taunts Bunga.
"That's what you think!" Snaps Kion.
Bunga picks up speed and jumps into a hole in a log over a river.
"Well would you look at that. Bunga's got himself stuck." Marvels Beshte at how easy the mission just became.
Bunga begins to cough and the mist from the spirit comes out. She stands in front of Kion and Beshte.
"Tell me, hippo. Why do you hang around Kion? Aren't you afraid he'll turn evil?" She asks.
"Kion's my friend and he'll never turn evil." Replies Beshte.
"Are you really sure of that? Aren't you scared he'll roar at you and send you to oblivion?!" Booms the spirit.
"I...uh...well..." stammers Beshte.
"Uh...guys? Little help here!" Shouts Bunga starting to panic.
"Say goodbye little honey badger." Smiles the spirit as she starts breaking the log.
The log falls into the rushing river and starts making its way to a waterfall. Kion and Beshte run after Bunga.
"Hold on, little B!" Yells Beshte.
"That's all I can do, Beshte!" Snaps Bunga.
Kion's ears twitch to the sound of Ono.
"Fuli, they're over here!"
Kion spots Fuli stopping on top of a hill.
"Kion! Beshte! Run as fast as you can and get ready!" She orders.
"Get ready for what?" asks Beshte.
"I don't know. Just follow her lead. Let's go!" Replies Kion.
Fuli runs down the hill and heads straight for Bunga. Kion understands what she's thinking and gets ready. Fuli jumps into the river and grabs the log using her claws with Kion holding her tail and Beshte holding his.
"Hurry up, Ono!" Snaps Fuli struggling to hold the log.
Ono frantically taps the wood to try and break it.
"I can't hold Fuli forever!" Yells Kion, muffled by her tail.
Ono breaks the wood, enough for Bunga to jump free.
"ZUKA ZAMA!" He cheers.
Bunga jumps onto Fuli's head, careful to not make her let go of the log because that was the only thing keeping her afloat. Beshte pulls his friends back to shore.
"That was UNBUNGALIEVABLE you guys!" Yells Bunga.
"Yeah. Sure." Replies Fuli, unhappy about getting soaking wet.
"Are you ok, little B?" Asks Beshte.
"I'm fine, but where did the spirit go?" Replies Bunga.
They all turn to see where the log once stood and see nothing.
Kion slams his paw against the ground in frustration. He could feel a roar at the back of his throat but keeps it down by yelling so loud it sounded like a roar.
"GRR! WHAT IS WITH THAT SPIRIT?! WE DON'T KNOW WHO SHE IS OR WHERE SHE WENT! HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO FIND HER IF SHE KEEPS DISAPPEARING AND DISTRACTING US! THAT'S TWO I COULDN'T PROTECT! HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DEFEAT HER AND STOP HER FROM HARMING OTHERS?!"
The guard looks at him with big surprised eyes. They were almost scared. They had never seen their leader yell like that before.
"You o-" Asks Bunga but he never got to finish.
"NO I'M NOT!" Yells Kion.
Bunga flinches as stares at Kion with fear in his eyes. Kion must've noticed because he takes a deep breath before saying anything else.
"I'm sorry. I just wish there was a way to defeat that spirit." Says Kion.
"Don't worry, Kion. We'll find a way." Replies Fuli giving him a nuzzle.
"Thanks Fuli." He smiles, returning the nuzzle.
"How do we defeat a spirit?" Asks Ono.
"I don't know. Meet back at the lair in an hour. I need to talk to someone." Answers Kion.
He runs off, leaving the others standing there confused. They look at each other and shrug.
"You heard him. Meet at the lair in an hour. Later boys." Says Fuli, walking off.