Fears coming true

The guard is on their afternoon patrol. Everything seemed peaceful but the silence of the canyon had the guard on edge.
"I still can't believe that Scar destroyed that spirit." Says Ono breaking the silence.
"It's unBungalievable if you ask me." Replies Bunga sounding a little sorry for the spirit.
Fuli couldn't help but glance up at the top of the canyon every now and then. Her ears kept twitching and her footsteps were silent.
"Something seems...off about the canyon." Whispers Fuli but loud enough for the guard to hear.
"I agree but hopefully it's nothing." Says Kion. "The sooner we get this patrol done, the sooner we can get out of here."
"And miss out in the fun?!" Cackles a voice the guard knew all too well.
"ReiRei!" Kion growls.
The jackal leader steps up to the edge of the canyon and smiles down at the guard.
"Aww. How'd you know?" She asks innocently.
Her mate, GoiGoi stands beside her.
"You better get running Lion Guard if you want to stay alive!" He taunts.
ReiRei frowns at him. "Hey! That was my line! Oh well, PUSH THE ROCKS!"
The guard turns around to see rocks falling down and blocking their path. They look up to see ReiRei and GoiGoi's children pushing the rocks and into the canyon below.
"RUN!" Orders Kion.
The guard runs through the canyon as fast as they can while trying to avoid getting hit by rocks.
"BESHTE! LOOK OUT!" Warns Ono.
Beshte looks up to see a huge boulder fall. He freezes in fear as his life flashes before his eyes.
"BESHTE! NO!" Screams Kion.
He roars at the frozen hippo and Beshte is pushed by a strong wind that sends him doing rolly polly's for quite some time.
"Poa..." He groans trying not to throw up.
The roar sent the last of the rocks toppling down so the jackals had no more rocks to push.
"Thanks for the fun, Lion Guard!" Laughs ReiRei. "Let's go, GoiGoi. GoiGoi?"
She turns to see her mate sleeping. ReiRei groans in annoyance and steps on his tail. GoiGoi whimpers in pain but stands up.
"Yes dear?" He asks.
"Let's go." Snaps his mate.
"Right with you dear." GoiGoi replies.
They turn to leave with their children to go back to the Outlands.

The guard coughs from the dust and quickly check themselves of injuries. They all had a few scratches and bruises but nothing serious.
"Beshte!" Panics Kion trying to find his hippo friend in the dust.
"Over here." Beshte replies.
The guard hurries over to him.
"Behste, I'm so sorry." Says Kion sadly with his ears hanging low.
Beshte smiles at the lion cub. "It's ok, Kion. You did it to save me. Thank you."
Kion doesn't smile back. He nods trying to tell himself that it's in the past, move forward.
Kion leads his friends back to the lair to rest.

When the sun was beginning to set, the guard decided to turn in for the night. Beshte slept in the little pond with his head resting on a rock with Bunga sleeping on top of him, Ono slept in his nest and Kion rests his head on his paws on his pedestal with Fuli by his side. They all say goodnight and close their eyes...

...except Kion.