Drowning in Air

Raven

Beast Boy! Come in, Beast Boy! Where are you? What's happening? Beast Boy? BEAST BOY! He doesn't respond to my countless attempts at telepathy, so I'm left to wonder. I'm still basically 'grounded' (literally), since Beast Boy might be drowning, and I'm connected to him. What that means is that I'm stuck picking my way over to the diner on my feet. I'm still having trouble breathing, so with as much power as I can muster, I'm getting closer by riding on an old stool somebody left on the curb. Every person I pass on the street has absolutely no idea what I'm talking about when I ask if they've seen 'an obnoxious little green dude with fangs that has a strange obsession for tofu and may actually be an animal, but is looking for a pretty blonde who escaped a high school and started to be able to control earth again after saving the entire city while simultaneously being turned into rock by lava in a volcano.' How hard can it be to spot someone following those exact details? And how hard can it be for that airplane to stop moving so herky-jerkily? Why does it look like a person on a rock?

Wait, what? The stool beneath me explodes from my sudden emotional change. I groan, and carefully pick up an old microwave to balance on. I perch neatly inside of the box, since the door is missing, and move myself up to pull even with the 'airplane', which has suspiciously blond, flowing hair? That can't be her, can it? I move up closer to see. Of course it's her.

"Raven, please. I need to go, I can't stay and hurt any of you anymore. All I do is ruin people's lives. If I can just get back to that volcano, I can make a home there where no one will bother me." Terra looks at me with watery eyes.

"No, Terra! You need to get back to the diner! Beast Boy could be dying! He was never mad at you, and he's only like he is now because he went to try and find you! Cyborg is just Beast Boy's best friend, obviously he wouldn't be thrilled to see the girl who took out his heart, stomped on it, and ate it! I doubt he was expecting us all to welcome you with open arms." I clasp my hands over my mouth, realizing what had just escaped my mouth. I quickly pull them down, and aim some of my extra power at the rock Terra sits on, pulling it towards me.

"Raven, what are you doing? You need to go! Just leave me here!" I cough, the smell of root beer overcoming me again. I feel myself sinking down in the sky, losing control on her rock. I can almost see the root beer wavering over my eyes, engulfing me. "Wha-what's happening! Raven, are you okay?" I open my mouth, but no sound comes out, only the taste of that awful drink. I gasp, falling closer to the earth. A lifting sensation overwhelms my body, and I feel flatness underneath me.

Terra

I see the microwave fall down to the street, smashing to pieces. Using all the extra strength I'm not putting into the rock beneath me, I carefully lift a shuddering Raven onto my ride. She's waving her arms about, almost as if she's sinking into water that isn't there. Words spill out of her, about Beast Boy, the diner, root beer? I look down to see her tugging on my leg.

"Terra. . . You need. . . to get both. . . of us. . . to that one. . . diner. . . where you went. . . with him. . . He's in. . . danger. . . Hurry. . ." She speaks in slow, stuttering gasps, trying to get the words out and not choke. I propel our rock forward as fast as possible, to the old diner from that one special night. We get there faster than is probably normal, according to the laws of physics, but no on was using those anyway. There's nothing and no one around, except for two guys, both with jet-black hair, one with a toothpick in his mouth. Toothpick-dude is squirting a canister of whipped cream into his mouth, and Shorty next to him is grinning and shaking two cups taped together, mouths facing each other, with a green blob inside. I drop off Raven, then whisk away on my rock, still thinking about whatever was in that cup thing. It look like a. . . bird? It could have been Beast Boy, but that's not possible. I swore not to hurt anybody anymore, if it could be helped. If I allowed myself to look and see if it actually was Beast Boy, I would break that oath. I know if I saw him, it would hurt both Beast Boy and myself.

Beast Boy

I see brown liquid slosh over me. Feel my sodden wings flap uselessly. Smell the bubbly fizz washing over me. Taste root beer covering my beak, instead of the air that should be there. Hear shouts in the background, Cash, Sammy's, and. . . Raven and Terra's? There's no way of telling. All of my senses use the last of their power to take in the swirling tornado in this glass. I can't even summon enough energy to shift into something bigger that will break the glass. Curse these two guys for moving out of sight of the people in the diner! I feel the cups--and myself, consequentially--shake around harder, then smash into the ground. A black and blue blur. . . A flash of blond. . . A flying toothpick. . . My mind only registers simple things as the world swirls into a dark abyss around me.

Robin

Beep! Beep! Beep! "Titans! Come in, Titans! I need you here! Hurry!" End of communication. Call back? I jab the 'no' button with my thumb, and call everybody in from their rooms. After Raven went to meditate, we all split off to our separate places. Starfire flies in first, anxious, but Cyborg calmly walks in shortly after, without a care in the world.

"Guys! What's up? I was just recharging my batteries! Can't we talk later?" Cyborg complains, giving a pointed look at me.

"Raven's in trouble! She's outside the diner where Beast Boy said Terra took him once-" Cyborg gives a snort and a mumbled 'of course!', receiving a warning look from me, "-and she needs our help. I can't pick up the signal on Beast Boy's communicator, so obviously he must be in danger there, too. Titans-"

"Um, Robin?" Starfire interrupts. I raise an eyebrow to say 'go on', and she does. "May I give the 'assist' command this time?" Cyborg smirks at her. When did he become so nasty? I grin and nod at her. "Titans, go! Oh joy, that was quite wonderous!" I nod, and we all head out to Ravens' coordinates.