He's Still Here

Terra

"Fine. Maybe I'll accept the story is okay. Maybe. If you admit the kiss wasn't an accident!" I tell Raven, who disagrees completely, and says he did it out of spontaneousness. Well, he did, but it's also because "He loves you!"

Raven shakes her head for the millionth time. "I'm not sure, I think it was accidental somehow. I'll have to talk to Knowledge about it."

"Oooh, Nevermore! Can I come?" I squeal excitedly. Timid and I are pretty close now, as well as Rude and Happy.

"No."

"Aww man!"

"You need to stay here and add to your story!"

"Fine," I grumble as she goes into Nevermore, doing so a little faster, since we've been here longer and she's had more chances to do it. I decide to do what she said, and start writing.

"Ah, I see," Tommy nods, "Anyway, let's get changed." He presses a simple white button on the simple white wall, and a simple white partition slides between us, separating all the simple white pairs. We each scurry towards over uniforms as the partition freezes with a sharp click. Hesitantly, I pick up my uniform. The stretchy elastic outfit is mainly red, with black inside the arms, down the sides, and on the outer legs. Sighing, I put it back down and begin to undress. As soon as I slip into the red and black outfit, it compresses around me. Slowly, it stops in its spot, and it all fits perfectly; not too big, not too small. I leave my hair down, pulling on the high, black, army boots. Now what? I plop down on the simple white bed and stare up at the ceiling. After a moment of calmly lying still in the clothing of the evil color, I hear a knock on the simple white partition. Tommy's voice calls, "Katja? Is it safe to open the partition?" I start to nod, but remember that he can't see me. I give him a 'yes'.

"AAAHH!" I scream, rolling on the floor in agony. A pounding starts in my head, and I clench my eyes shut. His voice tells me to give in, it's okay, he will stop if I give him control. My mind screams no, and the pounding intensifies. I vaguely hear a guard tell me to shut up, but it doesn't matter. The struggle is now in my brain, trying to grow where there's no room. It feels like my head is in a balloon, and all the air is shrinking. There are millions of small people living in my skull, kickboxing the outsides, trying to break free. I sit back up, back against the wall, hands over my head, elbows locked together and resting on my knees. I start rocking, back and forth, crying violently. The pain hurts so bad, it's almost a buzz of stabbing torment.

Softly, Raven's voice floats through, trying to soothe it, telling me to unclench, nobody's here, but she's wrong. He is here. He's in my head, in my body, trying to break out. I can't let him, he's going to use me to hurt anyone. Raven's voice is drowned out and replaced by his. It rises over the agony, torture, and ache. "How does it feel? Knowing that anywhere you go, you could kill millions with a flick of your finger, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it? No matter where you go, you will always be hurting somebody."

"No. . . No! NO! GET OUT OF MY HEAD! STOP TORMENTING ME! I'M SUPPOSED TO BE DONE WITH YOU! GET OUT!" I yell, but I can't hear myself. I can only hear the pounding, see the swirling blackness around me behind my eyelids. I feel something cold against my wrists, trying to pull them off of my head. Desperately, I resist, curling up into a ball on my side. It hurts so much. Finally, I give in to the cold on my hands, let it separate them, then put my head between my knees and press them together, trying to hold in the pounding.

The pounding subsides slowly, then all at once, and Raven's voice drifts into my head, and I can actually hear her. "Terra. . . There. . . Listen. . .It's. . . You'll. . . alright. . .Metrion. . . Timid. . . Pain. . . Yelling. . . There. . . Help?" A new coldness appears on my back, tracing shapes. I relax into it, feeling a little better than I did a second ago. Finally, I let my eyes open, and see Raven sitting in front of me, who's talking to somebody behind me. I turn my head around to see a gray-cloaked Raven. Timid?