Damage Un-controlled

Beast Boy

"YOU." I trace where his finger leads, straight to a paler-than-normal Raven. Her mouth drops open, and her eyes, her gorgeous purple eyes, are staring dumbfounded at Robin.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF TOFU ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???" I screech, voice obnoxiously loud. He lowers his hand, walks up to us, and jabs Raven at her sternum.

"This little traitor," he states bluntly, "purposely sent her magic into us and we were IMMOBILIZED for half an hour!" I nod, still not comprehending whatsoever. Robin glares at me, and re-describes it. "She put her magic in us like when Trigon came, but instead of giving us power, it took it away. We were all immobilized, so Control Freak destroyed us, in more ways than one! First, in the traditional way, then like this." He sweeps his arm out, indicating Cyborg, Starfire, and himself.

Cyborg holds up a wrench and his arm with the cannon attached. "He smashed up my masterpiece here!"

Starfire floats up from behind the couch dejectedly. "He ruined my hair." Her hair is, in fact, much noticeably shorter. It's in a really choppy fashion, like it just got randomly hacked off. It's not much longer than Raven's, actually.

Last but not least (in his mind), Robin holds up his utility belt. All of the pockets are shredded, and all of his tools are dangling out, with cracks being the smallest amount of damage. One of his bomb things fall out, and right as it hits the floor, an explosion the size of my ear erupts. Raven acts quickly, placing one of her magic shields over it. Robin snarls at her, "I don't want your help. Put your stupid shield away, and just go meditate or something!"

Raven whirls around quickly and flies to her room, ducking out from under where my hand had been resting on her shoulder. I didn't notice it was there. "Rae, wait!" I lunge for her, missing her cloak by inches and getting sufficient rug burn across my chin. I whip my head around to reprimand Robin, who's calmly putting out the explosion. "What is wrong with you?!"

"She may be a Titan, but that doesn't excuse her from assisting a villain."

"Come on! This is Terra all over again! We gave you the benefit of the doubt when you were with Slade, and you JUST BARELY agreed to give Terra the same! Now she's missing again! Do you want Raven to be next?" I'm screaming at him now, hot tears streaming down my face. I look up, and see everybody staring at me. Rather than return their gazes, I give a monstrous howl of pain, shift into a green wolf, and lope back my room.

Slamming the door shut with enough force to shatter teeth, I run into my room, shift back to normal, snatch up a pillow, curl up on the ground, and scream. I scream and scream and scream, until all the air is gone, and I can't breath. I clutch the pillow tighter, willing all of my energy into it. Then the waterworks come. Raging, painful, body-wracking sobs and tears flood out. My cheeks are soaked, and my mouth reopens, unleashing silent screams I don't have left. I roll around in agony, screaming and crying, pressing my face against the floor, choking for oxygen. Where did all this pain come from? I feel it overwhelm me, every ounce of my being pouring out as burning, wretched torture. This is why I always act so funny. To hide the hurt on the inside, the suffering that never goes away. I keep screaming, long and hard, wishing this were all done. What am I so upset about? Why is life so great sometimes, then other times it just sucks? If we're heroes that beat up bad guys, who beats up the real bad guys inside ourselves?

Terra

A painful scream echoes over the city. I listen, trying to pinpoint the center from my perch on the bank building roof. My ears perk up when I direct them towards the tower. I can't take it anymore. I can't listen to that pain, knowing I will never be able to unleash my own.

Hands clamped tightly over my ears, I stroll into the mall, and buy a pair of red noise-canceling headphones. I put them on, hoping I can get used to the feeling of deafness, and head over to a clothing store. I duck in, head down, knowing my schoolgirl outfit doesn't blend in, and move straight to hoodies and jeans. I push my hands in, pull out what will hopefully fit, and move on to the fitting room. The red hoodie gets tugged on over my shirt, my tie comes off, and the jeans are used as a substitute for the skirt. I take out money from my skirt's hidden pocket, walk to the cashier, pay, and wear the clothes out.

Either the screams stopped or these headphones are really high-quality, because I can't hear a thing, besides a faint crackling when I pull up a chunk of earth to sit on. I cruise over to the tower, but rather than going to my room that doesn't have my stuff in it anymore (what??), I land on the strip of beach leading up to their front door, and mustering up every piece of courage. press the doorbell. Loud, heavy, clanging footsteps sound, and I leap into the bushes, knowing it's Cyborg. I pull one of the sides of my headphones off, prepped for a lecture.

He opens up the door with a very wide berth, inspecting for any people. "Yo! I know you aren't prankin' my tower! And Terra? If that's you, GET LOST!" Choosing to ignore him entirely, I silently sneak up to the door, and slip in behind him. His noisy metal parts cover up the sound of me walking in behind him. I get follow him until the garage, then get off of the little 'tour', and continue through the elevator to the ops room.

It pings obnoxiously upon arriving at the correct floor, and I wince, ducking behind the side to peek my head out. Nobody is in here except Star and Robin, who are feeding Silkie and playing music, respectively. I tiptoe past Robin, and just before I make it to the room hallways, Starfire steals my chance at being home free. Her mouth lowers, and she shoots up, almost crashing into the ceiling. I shake my head and hold a finger to my lips, pointing at myself, then down the hall. She pouts, but nods agreeably, slowly floating back down to Silkie. I give her a smile of gratitude, then follow my finger down the hall to the bedrooms.