Reading and Visiting

Beast Boy

"Me?" I say from the bars, interrupting whatever they're talking about. Terra whips her head up, terrified.

"Oh, Beast Boy, you're here!" Raven sighs, smiling the slightest bit. "What about his Royal Highness holding you captive?" I explain the whole spiel, up until being trapped in front of the Tv, and from there, I waited until Cyborg and Robin left. Neither was smart enough to make the trap Beast Boy proof, so I shifted into a rottweiler, then tore the trap apart with my teeth. From there, I just left the tower and came straight here. The only thing wrong with the story is Terra's reaction; motionless, as if she expects me to bite her or something.

Raven, however takes the story in stride. Promptly, she moves back to Terra, takes a tight grip on her wrist, and forcefully moves her to the bars. I grin at her random moment of strength, but Terra remains motionless. Raven pokes her in the forehead. "It's okay. Give it to him, and tell him." Terra slowly raises her now beaming face.

"This is from Raven," she says, handing me a sheet of paper with scribbles all over it. A poem. The title says 'Colors of Us', and describes just perfectly how I feel about Raven. I look up at Terra, who nods and jabs her head not very discreetly at a blushing Raven. I grin and hug her through the bars, and from the drops on my shoulder, I know we both have tears in our eyes. Raven breaks off first, then her face becomes serious. She hands me a stack of papers, the top one reading 'Unseen'.

"Read the first page. Now." I comply, being the fast reader I am, then hand the stack back to her.

"This is fantastic! Who wrote it?!" I'm amazed at it, and Raven looks thrilled.  (A/N very sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, I just wanted to make this part seem less dull)

"See, I told you!" she says, poking Terra's arm. "She did. This author right here! She wrote it!"

"Terra?" I ask in shock. "Why didn't you ever show this to me?" For one reason or another, I feel hurt.

"Because then we might have gotten talking, and then it would have brought up emotions, and I could have caused a natural disaster."

"Hey! No visitors! Get outta here!" A guard yells from down the hall, wielding a gun. Crap. In a moment of surprise, I hug Terra and kiss Raven on the cheek, then dash out.

Robin

Where is he! Cyborg should have made those bonds tighter. Argh, my team is falling apart!

It's been two and a half hours since I came back into the living room and discovered Beast Boy to be missing from his trap. I've already sent Cyborg out to find him, so in the meantime, I decide to go talk to Starfire about what's happening. My team is getting destroyed, obviously she won't understand it, being from another planet and all.

Whoa, hold on. When did I start thinking like this? Oh well. I push it out of my mind, and go down to Starfire's room. The door is open, but she's not in there. Nothing is, except for her glowing laptop sitting on her bed. I move in and close the door behind me, and wake up the laptop. Ont the screen is a long list of words. The first says 'Robin, why?' at the top, and I read what's below it, bewildered. I continue down the list.

'He said'

He said he would stay by my side forever
He said we are a team
He said we work together
He said we all have to trust each other
He said we are in this together

He said we are heroes, this cannot happen
He said to leave him alone
He said to give him space
He said I am not his girl or his friend
He said we must doubt every possibility
He said we must doubt every relationship
He meant I must doubt myself

'No, no no'

Robin, may we have 'the talk'?
No.
Robin, do you think we could take a break and just-
No.
Robin, is this what you desire?
No.
Robin, do you truly trust me?
No.
Robin, may I trust you?
No.

'Do I belong?'

Do I understand this planet's ways?
Do I feel like a hero?
Do I truly feel welcomed?
Do I belong with Robin?
Do I belong with the Titans?
Do I belong on Earth?
Do I belong anywhere?

The list goes on so much more after that, pages and pages of words I shouldn't be reading. But the very least they did was open my eyes. I suck in a whoosh of air, finally understanding what I forced onto Raven, Terra, Beast Boy, and Starfire. A sharp gasp behind me sends of the alerts that I'm not alone. I whip around to see Starfire, hair wrapped in a towel, eyes wide. She's staring between me and the laptop. Quickly, I stand up and move away from it. She takes a step towards me.

"Star, wait," I say, stepping back. She moves quickly to the laptop, picks it up, and throws it at the wall, causing it to shatter into thousands of pieces. My mouth drops open as she fires starbolts at it, crying and screaming white-hot fury.

I form my mouth around words, but no sound comes out. She turns to me and points at the door, rage in her eyes. "Out!" I leave before she can shoot a starbolt again.