Confessions and Hairstyles

A/N this chapter is dedicated to JuliaTheOtakuFangirl because they commented on the last chapter something that helped fill one of my plot holes.

Raven

"Oh hello friend, er, teammate Raven!" I scowl at the fact that she is still upset, and she tries to cover it up. "How is your day faring?" I look up at Starfire's face, which is red. She looks like she's holding her breath or something.

"You got anything you want to tell me?" I inquire, with one of my magic shields at the ready, just in case.

"Oh no, it is nothing!" she starts sweating.

"You can tell me."

"But I cannot, for no one is meant to know, she told me not to!"

"Who, Terra?"

"Yes friend Terra! ShesnuckintothetowerandshewasveryclearlyattemptingtonotbeseenbutIhappenedtoglanceupandsawher (she pauses for a breath) andsheshookherheadnoandmadethebequietgestureandIdidnotspeakofituntilnowsonowImaynotbetrusted!" It all comes out so fast, and I barely had time to raise my shield; the words came out faster than the wind, along with a little rain in the form of spit.

I wipe my face in disgust, then make her sit on the couch, since she had slowly floated closer to the ceiling with every word that escaped her lips. I survey the room quickly, then back into a portal to Robin's room, where I see him throwing bird-a-rangs up and catching them. I climb forward out of my portal, back to a dejected Starfire on the couch.

"Starfire, it's okay. I knew Terra was here. She's in my room. Don't talk to anyone else about it besides Beast Boy," I command.

She nods. "But why have you allowed friend Terra into your living quarters?"

"Because Cyborg stole her room for storing his machine stuff."

"Perhaps when friends Robin, Beast Boy, and Cyborg are absent, I may ask friend Terra to do the fixing of my hair." She indicates the short crop. "It is not exactly fanciful."

I laugh lightly, making the popcorn seeds at the bottom of a dirty bucket pop. "That it is not. Thank you for keeping it secret from Robin and Cyborg, I'm glad I can trust you. I'm heading back now, do you want to come with to talk to Terra?" She nods happily.

"I do wish to apologize for being upset before, I believe we all did the overreacting. I will most likely act overly when Robin or Cyborg are near, as they would be unhappy to see otherwise." I nod my understanding.

Glancing down the hall, I see Metal Man clunking his way towards my room. Uh oh.

I grip Starfire's arm and dash down the hall, then stop suddenly to avoid careening into him. Before he can see us, I tug Starfire back into a portal to hide.

Beast Boy *while Raven and Starfire talk*

I'm jolted from my catnap (oh man, I gotta save that one!) when I hear a clunking down the hall, which signals to me a red flag, meaning Cyborg's on his way. Faster than changeling-ly possible, I shift back to human, leap out of the bunk, and grab a pile of the spare cloaks Terra isn't sitting on. Most of them go over her, and all the extras I can find pile next to her, so that it won't look completely conspicuous. A loud thud, thud, announces the fact that Cyborg has arrived.

I whirl around just in time to see the door fall down, and a Cyborg with a raised fist. "What are you doing in here?" he asks snootily.

"I could ask you the same thing," I respond.

"What's the lump on the top bunk? What's the top bunk?"

"Nothing. Raven just told me to watch her room in case jerks like you or Robin, and maybe Star, came barging in here."