No Going Back

Terra

"No, Slade, stop! I don't want to do this anymore! Just leave me alone!" I cry, fighting his control over me with the circle I never destroyed. He's been forcing me to use my powers to hurl earth at Raven, who hasn't screamed through any of it, probably so the Titans won't find us and hate me. Tears stream out of my eyes as he forces me to throw another large chunk at her.

"Dear child, I am not making you do anything. If you were powerful enough, you would be able to stop me, wouldn't you? But you can't. So what that means, is that Raven must suffer. After all, the bigger the party, the better the fun." He raises his hand, forcing me to pull up a bigger rock, and throws his arm forward, full force, making the rock smash into Raven's head. A nasty crack against her skull echoes over the area. and she finally lets out a scream, long, loud, and painful. A distant howl returns it. The Beast. They'll be here. They can stop me. It will be okay. I hope.

"Terra, you have to stop him," Raven gasps, "They'll never get here in time. You have to destroy that badge, or you won't be able to-"

"STOP TALKING!" Slade yells, running forward, punching and kicking with all his might.

"I'm so sorry Raven, I can't get it off. It's embedded or something!" Every kick I deliver brings tears to my eyes, every punch sends pain to my heart.

"Terra! Stop!" Beast Boy yells from between the mountain range, just a small green speck.

"I'm trying! You have to stop me! He has control, I can't get it off!"

"Keep trying! I'll be there soon!" he yells, shifting into a cheetah. I cast a glance back at Terra. Raven will be dead long before he can reach us.

"AAAHH!!! YOU CAN'T CONTROL ME ANYMORE!"

"Dear girl, didn't you say that last time? And we're still here, one of your friends is still doomed, and it's all. Thanks. To you." I try to run away from all of it, back to Beast Boy, but two things keep me planted; Slade's control, and Raven, who can't even use her own magic to help herself.

While Slade is still berating me, I use the distraction to hurl a rock at his mask. It cracks more than it already was, and his hand goes up to hold it in place. With that split second, I pick up Raven, a rock, and myself, then fly us all to where Beast Boy is. Slade is running after us, but I use all of my might to maintain control. When we pass Beast Boy, he doesn't stop. He keeps going for Slade, yelling something about nanoscopic probes. I hear a loud oof, and stop the rock at the base of the mountain, where I carefully set Raven.

After I make sure she's out of sight, I look around and spot the Titans, glowing red and orange on the ground. I start towards them, but feel myself being pushed backwards, towards Slade and Beast Boy. I know I'm not strong enough to fight it, so I go with the pulling back to help Beast Boy. I force all of my emotions into the moves and earth I throw at Slade, but I feel the deeper power inside, wanting to be pushed out. I can tell Slade is slowly forcing us backwards to the other Titans, probably so he can destroy them too.

I throw more effort and emotion behind everything, and Beast Boy and I start working together, beating Slade back. With all the work he's using to fight us, I can freely use my power against him, so I step out for a second, levitate a rock, and smash it into the badge, which cracks in half and falls to the ground. Slade clasps a hand on himself over where it was on me, and gives a cry of pain, simultaneously dropping a weird remote. Beast Boy steps on it, and I hear the Titans moan in the distance. I whip my head back to see them pushing off the ground, no longer glowing.

A swift blow to the back of my head sends me flying forward, and when I reach my hand to the back of my head, I feel warm, sticky liquid come off on it. Yellow fury flashes in my eyes, and I let out an animal scream. My mind barely registers all the Titans freezing and staring in shock, but I ignore it. Instead, I jump forward, foot outstretched, kicking Slade right in the crack on his mask. The outer half falls the the ground, and when he pauses to look at the piece on the ground, I punch the back of his head, then slam him with a rock. I don't pause for a breath, instead constantly hurling rocks, kicks, and punches forward, shoving him away and opening a large crack in the ground. I kick him to the edge of it, then glare into his eye.