Words Unspoken

Starfire

I was the first to break away from the lip contact. It felt. . . nice. . . but something else was wrong. Robin seemed abnormally focused on something, but he had refused to tell me what. I sigh, staring at my fingers. I have not moved since the loud beep came, and Robin had run out of my room. We were merely sitting in silence, then he was gone. I had closed and locked the door, then sat back down here, watching my hands, the way a fist creates a little alcove on my hand.

After Robin does not return for more than an Earth hour, I float slowly over to my lap of the top and flip up the screen. My finger depresses the button with a circle and a line in the middle, and it whirs on the table. When the whirring finally completes itself, I move the arrow across the screen, to a small rectangle, with blue lines and a blue 'W' on the top. I move the mouse over it, then double-click on the 'W'. A yellow block appears in the middle of the screen, then disappears into a white rectangle with a blinking black line on it. I look down at the keypad, place my fingers on it, and start pushing down letters.

I saw his black hair flip
The mask on his face possessed a rip
The 'R' on his shirt, torn down the middle
To me, his emotions are a riddle
I though we shared a connection
I felt myself pulled in his direction
He said we are heroes, we cannot do this
Talking to him, I truly miss
And then, one day, the rain poured down
Washed off the dirt from the ground
I called out to him, weak for air
I only felt right with him there

Robin, I call out to you
Robin, you make my heart feel true
Robin, I wish you could see inside
Robin, this stress I cannot abide
Robin, what has happened to my hero?
Robin, you treat us all as foes
Robin, you always say no
Robin, must I let you go?

I press the Save As button, and type in 'Robin, why?', then close the top of laps, flopping backwards onto my bed.

Raven

After a long talk with the emoticlones, Knowledge told me that being locked in the prison cell for too long would cause a danger, both to Terra and myself. One, it's obviously bad for the Titan's image, and two, both of us have powers controlled by emotions. If we only spend a day in here, it's a day without meditation for our powers to build up. If we spend a year, that's a year of powers locked inside, and they'll be that much more explosive the longer they're trapped. It'll be worse for Terra if we're here too long; her control was already shaky to start with, I at least have been meditating. Terra was going to that school, so her power's already trapped from that, it's going to be even more forceful.

After that whole speech, Knowledge agreed with Passion on one thing; we need a way to reign in our power, and stay calm for the entire time we're in here. All of the emoticlones disagreed on how exactly to go about doing that. Happy suggested making jokes, Timid said to be quiet and think, Brave said to fight each other to let out our energy, Rage just snarled when we asked him, Rude burped, Sloth said to live in a pile of garbage, Knowledge said to read and write, and Passion said to talk about love, or write poems about it. There was the second greatest miracle; Knowledge agreed with Passion a second time, and their combined suggestion of writing worked. Knowledge lent us pens and paper, and Passion offered for us to go through her room to look at all the different types of poem. . . stuff.

For the past few hours, we've been sitting on opposite walls of the cell after returning from Nevermore, staring at blank sheets of paper. Well, I think we have. I've got nothing.

"I've got nothing!" Terra yells, throwing her pencil up in frustration. That answers that question. "How about you?" she sighs.

"Nothing, but calm down. The harder we try, the harder it will be to hold down our emotions later." She sighs again and nods, picking her pencil back up. "Just. . . Write what you're feeling."