Chapter 2: The Mission

They flew over the Indian Ocean as Brock Rumlow gave the briefing of the mission to Steve, Natasha and other SHIELD agents.

"The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, ninety-three minutes ago," Rumlow said.

"Any demands?" Steve wondered.

"A billion and a half," Rumlow answered.

"Why so steep?" Steve asked.

"Because it SHIELD's," Rumlow remarked.

"So it's not off-course, it's trespassing," Steve said.

"I'm sure they have a good reason," Natasha replied.

"You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor," Steve commented.

"Relax, it's not that complicated," Natasha assured.

"How many pirates?" Steve asked.

"Twenty-five, top mercs, led by this guy. Georges Batroc," Rumlow informed.

He brought up a photo of Batroc on the monitor.

"Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties," Rumlow explained.

"Hostages?" Steve asked.

"Uh...mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell," Rumlow informed.

He showed Sitwell's photo on the monitor.

"They're in the galley," Rumlow continued.

"What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship?" Steve wondered then instructed, "Alright, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Nat, you'll kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get 'em out. Let's move."

"STRIKE, you heard the Cap. Gear up," Rumlow commanded.

Once they were preparing to dive, Steve got out his com.

"Secure channel seven," Steve said into his com.

"Seven secure," Natasha informed then asked, "Did you do anything fun Saturday night?"

"Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead, so...no, not really," Steve answered.

"Coming up by the drop zone, Cap," the pilot over the radio replied.

"You know, if you ask Kristen out, from Statistics, she'd probably say yes," Natasha pointed out.

"That's why I don't ask," Steve remarked.

"Too shy or too scared?" Natasha wondered.

"Too busy!" Steve answered.

Steve then jumped out of the plane.

"Was he wearing a parachute?" the agent asked.

Rumlow just smiled as he answered, "No. No, he wasn't."

Steve dove into the water and made his way onto the ship. He made it before anyone else on the deck swiftly before anyone made the alarm go off. He beat as many of the pirates as he could he was greeted with a gun to the head by one of the pirates.

"Bouge pas! Bouge pas," the French pirate demanded.

(A/N "Don't move! Don't move.")

Rumlow killed the pirate as he landed on the deck behind Steve.

"Thanks," Steve thanked.

"Yeah. You seemed pretty helpless without me," Rumlow commented.

Natasha and another agent made it to join them.

"What about the nurse that lives across the hall from you? She seems kind of nice," Natasha replied.

"Secure the engine room, then find me a date," Steve commanded.

"I'm multitasking," Natasha commented.

"And is Fury going to tell me the good news or are you?" Steve wondered.

"Fury will," Natasha answered.

"Of course he will," Steve commented.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N It's about to get real!