Chapter 24: Taking Sitwell

As Sitwell and Stern left the building, they talked for a little until Stern had to leave.

Then Sitwell's phone rang and he saw it was Pierce.

"I need a minute. Bring the car around," Sitwell told them.

They left and Sitwell answered the call.

"Yes, sir?" Sitwell answered.

"Agent Sitwell, how was lunch? I hear the crab cakes here are delicious," Sam said.

This shocked Sitwell.

"Who is this?" Sitwell asked.

"The good looking guy in the sunglasses, your ten o'clock," Sam told him.

Sitwell looked around, but didn't see him.

"Your other ten o'clock," Sam corrected.

Sitwell turned in the other direction and saw Sam sitting at a table.

"There you go," Sam smiled.

"What do you want?" Sitwell replied.

"You're gonna go around the corner, to your right. There's a grey car, two spaces down. You and I are gonna take a ride," Sam explained.

"And why would I do that?" Sitwell asked.

"Because that tie looks really expensive, and I'd hate to mess it up," Sam told him.

Sitwell looked down to see a red dot on his tie from a gun, so he reluctantly agreed.

Sitwell was then thrown on a roof by Steve with Natasha and Y/N behind him.

(A/N Your outfit above.)

"Tell us about Zola's algorithm," Y/N commanded.

"Never heard of it," Sitwell responded.

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Steve asked.

"I was throwing up. I get seasick," Sitwell answered.

Sitwell started backing up to the edge of the rooftop while just smiling.

"Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers. Or your sister's," Sitwell smirked.

"You're right. It's not. It's hers," Steve responded, referring to Natasha.

Steve got out of the way and Natasha kicked Sitwell off the roof.

"Oh, wait. What about that girl from accounting, Laura...?" Natasha asked.

"Lillian. Lip piercing, right?" Steve wondered.

"Yeah, she's cute," Natasha commented.

"Yeah, I'm not ready for that," Steve said.

"Why bother? He's so stubborn in what he wants in a woman," Y/N commented.

"You never know," Natasha pointed out.

That's when Sam flew up in this Falcon jet pack, holding Sitwell and dropping him on the roof. The other three approached Sitwell.

"Zola's algorithm is a program...for choosing Insight's targets!" Sitwell told them, pretty scared.

"What targets?" Steve wondered.

"You! Your sister, a TV anchor in Cairo, the Undersecretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City. Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA! Now, or in the future," Sitwell listed.

"The future? How could it know?" Y/N asked.

Sitwell just laughed and said, "How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it."

Everyone but Sitwell looked confused.

"Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, e-mails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores. Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future," Sitwell continued.

"And what then?" Y/N asked.

"Oh, my God. Pierce is gonna kill me," Sitwell muttered.

"What then?!" Steve repeated sternly.

"Then the Insight Helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time," Sitwell answered.

This was alarming. Millions of people could die if they didn't do something about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Sitwell is one ungrateful son of a bitch!