Chapter 22: Help From Sam

Sam got back from his morning run and was about to drink some orange juice. Then there was a knock at his door and he opened it to see Steve, Y/N, and Natasha.

"Hey, guys," Sam greeted.

"We're sorry about this," Steve apologized.

"We need a place to lay low," Y/N added.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us," Natasha told him.

There was a slight pause until Sam replied, "Not everyone."

Sam let them in and closed the door and blinds.

Steve was cleaning himself up in the bathroom when he noticed Natasha looking sad while drying her hair.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah," she answered.

He walked out and sat in front of her.

"What's going on?" Steve questioned.

Natasha sighed then answered, "When I first joined SHIELD, I thought I was going straight. But I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA. I thought I knew whose lies I was telling, but...I guess I can't tell the difference anymore."

"There's a chance you might be in the wrong business," he said, earning a faint smile from her.

"I owe you and your sister," she said.

"It's okay," Steve assured.

"If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save you and Y/N's life, and you be honest with me, would you both trust me to do it?" Natasha asked.

"I would now and I know Y/N would too. And we're always honest," he said.

"Well, you seem pretty chipper for people who just found out they died for nothing," she remarked.

"Well, I guess we just like to know who we're fighting," Steve replied.

Sam came in and said, "I made breakfast. If you guys...eat that sort of thing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Sam is a really cool guy. Anyone agree?