Chapter 40: Going to Find Bucky

Sam and Steve were at Nick's grave until Nick, in civilian clothing and sunglasses, came up to them.

"So, you've experienced this sort of thing before?" Nick asked.

"You get used to it. Y/N's going to have to some time," Steve answered.

"The path of the righteous man. Ezekiel 25:17" is written on Nick's grave.

"We've been data-mining HYDRA's files. Looks like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship. I'm headed to Europe tonight, wanted to ask if you'd come. And I don't know about your sister," Nick explained.

"There's something I gotta do first. Same with her," Steve told him.

"How about you, Wilson? Could use a man with your abilities," Nick pointed out.

"I'm more of a soldier than a spy," Sam answered.

"Alright then," Nick responded, shook both of their hands, then requested, "Anybody asks for me, tell them they can find me right here. And whenever you see Y/N, tell her I hope everything works out for her."

"Will do," Steve agreed.

Nick looked at his gravestone one last time then left.

"You should be honored, that's about as close as he gets to saying thank you," Natasha told them, getting their attention.

"Not going with him?" Steve asked.

"No," she answered.

"Not staying here?" he wondered.

"I blew all my covers, I gotta go figure out a new one," Natasha said.

"That might take a while," Steve pointed out.

"I'm counting on it. That thing you asked for, I called in a few favors from Kiev," she replied, handing him a file titled "дело No 17" (file No 17), then added, "Will you do me and Y/N a favor? Call that nurse."

"She's not a nurse," Steve said.

"And you're not a SHIELD agent," she returned.

"What was her name again?" he asked.

"Sharon. She's nice," Natasha answered, kissed his cheek, and started walking away as she said, "Be careful, Steve. You might not want to pull on that thread."

Steve opened the file to see all the information on Bucky when he became the Winter Soldier.

"You're going after him? Your sister is doing so because he remembers her. But I understand why you're doing it," Sam said.

"She knows places Bucky could go that I wouldn't know, but we'll see what happens," Steve replied then added, "You don't have to come with me."

"I know. When do we start?" Sam asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Now the end credit scenes.