Chapter 35: Got to Take Out Rumlow and Fighting Bucky Again

Rumlow was killing agent after agent of SHIELD.

"All SHIELD agents regroup at Rally Point Delta," one SHIELD agent informed.

Rumlow killed him and three more agents.

"Sir, Council's been breached," a HYDRA agent informed over his comm.

"Repeat, dispatch," Rumlow said.

"Black Widow's up there," the HYDRA agent told him.

"Headed up," Rumlow responded and made his way up.

Hill was right on top of him.

"Falcon?" Hill signaled.

"Yeah?" Sam asked.

"Rumlow's headed for the Council," she told him.

"I'm on it," he replied.

Steve and Y/N made it the part of the Helicarrier they needed to be. But Bucky was in their way.

"People are gonna die, Buck. We can't let that happen," Steve told him.

Bucky stared at him with a cold glare.

"Please, don't make us do this," Steve pleaded.

Seeing that nothing was working with Steve, Y/N placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Let me try," she whispered.

He agreed and she slowly started to walk towards Bucky. His glare softened when he saw her.

"Bucky, this isn't you. This isn't the man I fell in love with. I still love you. You're my whole world. But doing this, it's not going to do anything but push me further away. I don't want you to do that," she told him.

Hearing the words in his dream put an effect on Bucky. But he looked at her with a sorrowful expression.

"You're not my mission; he is," Bucky said.

Y/N sighed and stepped toward Steve. She let him know to do what he needed to do.

So Steve threw his shield at him and all three of them started battling each other.

"Go! I got this!" Y/N said, holding Bucky off.

"You sure?" Steve asked.

"Yeah!" Y/N answered, pushing him off her.

Steve managed to bring up the targeting blade system, but Bucky threw something past Y/N and toward Steve, causing him to drop the chip.

Natasha was finishing uploading everything.

"Done," she stated, looked at her phone, then added. "And it's trending."

At that moment, Pierce activated the pins he gave the council members, which burned deeply into their sternum. Natasha and Fury pointed their guns at Pierce.

"Unless you want two inch hole in your sternum, I'd put that gun down," Pierce told Natasha, she didn't put it down, then he told her, "That was armed the moment you pinned it on."

Nick and Natasha put their weapons down in defeat.

Meanwhile, Y/N continued to fight off Bucky until they got in an armlock.

"Bucky, I know you're still in there. I can tell by the way you're fighting me. You don't want to hurt me. Other ways of hurting me are hurting my brother and doing this," Y/N told him.

"As long as you're alive, that's all that matters to me," Bucky said.

"Sitwell told us I was one of the targets for if this thing is activated," she replied.

He was surprised, but still held a firm grip as he remarked, "You won't be. But he will."

Then he broke the armlock by spraining her arm, making her yell in agony, and ran towards Steve. They fought until Bucky stabbed Steve in the shoulder and grabbed the chip. Y/N was in shock as she ran toward them. Then Steve got the knife out and had Bucky by his throat and in an armlock.

"Drop it! Drop it!" Steve commanded.

Bucky wouldn't budge, so Steve broke his arm. This made his scream and drop the chip. Steve squeezed his throat until he was unconscious then grabbed the chip.

"Come on," Steve urged as he headed toward the blade system.

Y/N looked at Bucky's unconscious form, walked to him, got down to his level, and kissed his lips.

"I'll always love you," she whispered when she parted from him then followed Steve.

Meanwhile, Rumlow was still making his way to the Council.

"I'm on forty-one, headed towards the south-west stairwell," he said.

That's when Sam attacked Rumlow and they went at it a few rounds. But Rumlow knocked Sam on his ass.

"This is gonna hurt. There are no prisoners with HYDRA, just order. And order only comes through pain. You ready for yours?" Rumlow asked.

"Man, shut the hell up," Sam muttered.

They continued to fight each other.

Meanwhile, Pierce made sure Project Insight was still operational while holding Natasha and Nick hostage.

"Lieutenant, how much longer?" Pierce asked.

"Sixty-five seconds to satellite link. Targeting grid engaged. Lowering weapons array now," the Charlie XO answered over the radio.

Hill still kept an eye on everything.

"One minute," she told the siblings.

Y/N helped Steve get back up to the Helicarriers to make it to the targeting system when Bucky woke up and shot Steve in the left thigh then the right shoulder, but Y/N continued to help Steve up.

"Come on, Steve," Y/N urged.

"Thirty seconds, guys!" Hill signaled.

"Stand by," Steve said, getting the chip out, then added, "Charlie--"

That's when Bucky shot Steve in the stomach and he fell. This was already tough enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N How are you guys still fighting? You with a sprained arm and Steve with multiple bullet wounds. I mean, holy crap.