Chapter 17: What's in New Jersey?

Steve, Y/N, and Natasha went to a mall, disguised as civilians.

(A/N Your outfit.)

)

"First rule of going on the run is, don't run, walk," Natasha instructed

"If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off," Steve responded.

"How do you think I feel? I've been back for two days and I'm still trying to get used to these new clothes," Y/N commented.

"Relax. You actually pull off the clothes you wore better than some women from this time," Natasha assured, earning a smile from Y/N.

They went to a Mac store and went to one of the computers.

"The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are," Natasha explained.

"How much time do we have?" Y/N asked.

"Uh...about nine minutes from...now," Natasha answered, putting the flash drive in the computer, then said as they looked at it, "Fury was right about that ship. Somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI; it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands."

"Can you override it?" Steve wondered.

"The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me. Slightly," Natasha commented.

The went deeper into the drive.

"I'm gonna try running a tracer. This is a program that SHIELD developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from," Natasha said.

"Can I help you guys with anything?" an Apple employee asked.

"Oh, no. My fiancé and future sister-in-law were just helping me with some honeymoon destinations," Natasha answered while hugging Steve's arm.

"Right! We're getting married," Steve added.

"Congratulations. Where do you guys thinking about going?" the Apple employee asked.

Y/N looked at the monitor and saw the signal traced to New Jersey.

"New Jersey," she answered.

"Oh," the Apple employee responded, looked at Steve for a moment, then commented, "I have the exact same glasses."

"Wow, you two are practically twins," Natasha said.

"Yeah, I wish. Specimen. Uh...if you guys need anything, I'm Aaron," the Apple employee offered.

"Thank you," the siblings thanked him and he walked off.

"You said nine minutes, come on," Steve said.

"Shh, relax. Got it," Natasha replied.

The signal was at Wheaton, New Jersey. The Americas looked at it in realization.

"You two know it?" Natasha asked.

"We used to. Let's go," Steve urged.

He got the flash drive and they walked out of the store. They noticed agents around them.

"Standard tac-team. Two behind, to across, two coming straight at us. If they make us, I'll engage, you hit the south escalator to the metro," Steve informed quietly

"Shut up and put your arm around me and Y/N. Both of you laugh at something I said," Natasha instructed.

"What?" Steve questioned.

"Do it!" Natasha said.

They obeyed and they got away.

They kept going until they made it on a crowded escalator that was going down. Natasha spotted Rumlow on the other escalator going up. She turned around to the siblings.

"Y/N, look over the other side of the escalator," she told her.

"Okay," Y/N said and obeyed.

"Steve, kiss me," Natasha replied.

"What?" Steve questioned.

"Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable," Natasha explained.

"Yes, they do," Steve said.

She kissed him, making Rumlow turn away as they passed each other. Natasha and Steve parted and they turned back toward the front.

"You still uncomfortable?" Natasha asked.

"It's not exactly the word I would use," Steve said.

"Just focus on what we got to do," Y/N told him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Undercover in a mall. Cool.