Chapter 26: Freed

A van drove off with Steve, Y/N, Sam, and Natasha in the back and in cuffs.

"It was him. He looked right at Steve like he didn't even know him," Y/N said.

"How's that even possible? It was like seventy years ago," Sam pointed out.

"Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43, Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and--" Steve explained.

"None of that's your fault, guys," Natasha groaned.

"Even when we had nothing, we had Bucky," Y/N said then added, "But what I don't get is that even though he didn't recognize Steve, he seemed to recognize me. How did that happen?"

"I don't know, but we'll figure it out," Steve assured.

Sam saw Natasha was still bleeding from her shoulder and looked at the guards.

"We need to get a doctor here. We don't put pressure on that wound she's gonna bleed out here in the truck," Sam suggested.

One of the guards lit the taser she had in warning until she shocked the other guard and knocked him out. The guard took her helmet off to reveal Maria Hill.

"Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain," Hill complained, looked to see a confused Sam, then asked Steve, "Who's this guy?"

The other vehicles then came to an abrupt halt and Rumlow and the other HYDRA agents got out.

"Three holes. Start digging," Rumlow commanded.

They opened the doors to the van that held Steve, Y/N, Sam, and Natasha. They saw it was empty with one of the guards left unconscious and a massive burnt hole on the car floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Nice escape.