Chapter 39: Y/N's Heading Out

In a hospital, two armed agents were guarding Steve's room. Steve was unconscious in a bed as Marvin Gaye's "Trouble Man" played. Sam, who was reading, and Y/N, who had her arm in a splint, were waiting for him to wake up.

(A/N Your outfit above with the splint.)

Once he did, he heard the music then looked to his right to see them.

"On your left," Steve said.

That got their attention and they smiled. They all talked for a while until Sam had to do something. Once he left, Y/N scooted closer and took Steve's hand.

"How's your arm?" he asked.

"Okay. It was only a sprain, so that's good," she answered.

But as he looked into her eyes, he could tell she wanted to tell him something bigger.

"What's going on?" Steve asked.

Y/N sighed and answered, "While you were unconscious, I've been thinking about where Bucky could've gone. I need to go and find him."

"We will, once I'm out of here," he said.

"No. I mean, I need to go and look for him...alone," she clarified.

"What? I'm going to look for him too. You know that, right?" Steve wondered.

"Yeah, but this would also be a good opportunity for me to be on my own for a while. I've always had my big brother to look out for me. And I appreciate it, but this isn't World War II anymore. If I find Bucky, I can help him through this. I still don't understand why he was able to remember me and not you, but it's safer if I went alone for a while," Y/N explained.

He smiled in understanding and responded, "Then I wish you the best."

She smiled and kissed his forehead.

"Love you, big bro," Y/N answered.

"Love you too, little sis," Steve said.

And with that, Y/N left to go find Bucky.

Meanwhile, Natasha faced a courtroom about what she's done while Nick burned any evidence of him being alive and records of SHIELD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N You are heading out to find Bucky on your own. Would you actually have done it or stayed with Steve to find him? I'd like to know your opinion.