Chapter 31: Pierce Exposed

As they headed out, Pierce welcomed the Council members and had them put pins on.

(A/N Your outfit above.)

Two techs were inside Project Insight, making sure nothing was going on.

"I've been parking there for two months," the first Com Tech said.

"But it's his spot," the second Com Tech responded.

"So where's he been?" the first asked.

"I think Afghanistan," the second guessed.

The first put a finger to his earpiece and informed, "Negative, DT-6. The pattern is full. Well, he could have said something.

Then a sharp noise was heard through their earpiece.

"Ow!" the first reacted.

"Must be the dish," the second commented.

"I'll check it out," the first informed.

"Triskelion command request we clear the area for launch," someone said on the PA.

The technician went over o the door and opened it. He was then face to face with with Steve, Y/N, Sam and Hill. Sam and Hill had him at gunpoint.

"Excuse us," Steve said while Y/N gave him the signal to shoo.

The technician surrendered and let them pass.

Pierce offered drinks to the council.

"I know the road hasn't exactly been smooth, and some of you would have gladly kicked me out of the car along the way. Finally we're here, and the world should be grateful," Pierce toasted.

As they drank to toast, Steve came over the intercom, getting everyone's attention.

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve and Y/N Rogers. You've heard a lot about us over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt us down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know Y/N and I are asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if we're the only ones, then so be it. But we're willing to bet we're not," Steve said.

He ended his speech and faced Sam and Y/N.

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam commented.

"I know, right?" Y/N smirked.

"Shut up," Steve smiled as he rolled his eyes.

Pierce then held the Council hostage while Rumlow made the Helicarriers take off without any support from SHIELD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Nice speech, Cap!