2 | 6

"You have me & I'm never going to leave you."

sunrise | jake

____

My eye's fluttered open as a warm light flooded over the rooftop of the building and through the front of the tent. I woke slowly mumbling as I stretched out the muscles in my arms. Turing to face Ella, whom I could feel pressed against my side, huddling to capture some warmth under the blankets. I pushed her hair back that was completely covering her face and leaned forward to kiss her forehead. "Hey, wake up sleepy," I whispered.

Getting no response, I tried again. "Ellllllaaaaa... Wake up."

Still no response.

I sat up and shook her, "Ella, come on wake up. Ella!" I said frantically and rushed up to my feet when she still didn't answer.

Pulling back the blankets that covered her, I picked her up and headed towards the door for the roof. Swinging it open and running down the steps into the main area, in a panic, my heart coming up my throat and eyes filling. I rushed towards the bay where some nurse's are always on hand.

"Help! I need help! She's not waking up! She not waking..." I called causing them to rush towards me, one pulling her out of my arms and onto the bed nearby.

"What happened?" One asked me calmly.

"She-she just wouldn't wake up. I-I don't know. Is she going to be okay?" I asked looking at them.

"We don't know son, but she's alive for now okay? Now please step back while we get her ready." Another nurse said, pushing me back gently.

"Get her ready for what!" I yelled startling them. "I'm sorry, sorry I didn't mean to yell," I said softly while breathing heavily.

"We're getting ready for an ambulance. Now is there anyone that we need to call? Family?"

"Ye-yes I'll do it right now and tell them to meet us there."

"Okay." The nurse said patting me on the back and giving me a soft smile full of remorse.

I pulled out my phone an instantly phoned Ella's dad.

"Hello?" I heard a deep voice still husky from sleep ask.

"Hi. It's me, Jake. Ella's... She, not good sir, I think you need to head to the hospital, the nurses have an ambulance to take her there..." I rushed out, not sure what to say.

"What?" He breathed "What happened Jake?"

"I-I don't know we had the date and watched some movies and fell asleep, then this morning she wouldn't wake up and I brought her straight down, but she's still not conscious," I said with a sob, covering my mouth with my hand.

"Okay, son. It's okay, you go with her you hear me? And I'll meet you there okay?"

"Yes, Sir."

"You can do this Jake, and thank you for calling me I'll see you soon son."

"See you soon..." I whispered as he ended the call, my heart heavy in my chest. I put my phone back in my pocket and turned back to Ella who now had a breathing mask covering her face. I walked forward and grabbed her hand, sitting next to her as we waited for the ambulance. I lay my head down on her side and closed my eyes, breathing in her scent.

And so, I waited.

Waited for the hope that she would be okay and prayed to God that by some miracle she would come back to me.

___

"Jake? Hey Jake..." I heard a voice call, causing me to look up from the ground to see Mads coming down the hallway towards me.

1 hour.

It had only been one hour since Ella first wouldn't wake up and now she was in intensive care, her dad by her side and me out here, waiting.

I kept tapping my leg up and down trying to calm my nerves. I felt Mads hand come down to rub me on the back and saw her sit down in the chair next to me from the corner of my eye.

"I came as fast as I could. Jake come here, look at me," She said softly, and I looked up only to see a blurred Mads through the tears on my face. "Oh, Jake..." She breathed hugging me tightly.

"I-I didn't know what to do, so I got her here and now they're not letting me see her. Ella's dad insisted me to come but the doctors said I couldn't. So, they left me here. She left me here Mads. Alone." I sobbed as she continued to rub my back and hug me.

"You're not alone Jake, you have me and I'm never going to leave you kay?" She said tilting my head up to look me in the eyes. "Now pull yourself together, she's not gone yet. So, you got left out here. Yeah, that's sucks. But do you know what else sucks? Everything so there's no point dwelling on it. Clean yourself up. Again. And do this for her Jake. You can fall apart later. But not know, you hear me?" She said sternly, causing me to nod. "Here have a tish for your ish." She said hand me a packet. I cleaned myself up and settled into the back of the chair.

Waiting with Mads by my side.

"Have you had something t-" She started by I looked away as I heard the door next to me open.

"Jake, hey." Ella's dad said coming to kneel in front of me. "I know this is a hard time for you right now but I also need you to answer this for me kay?"

"Kay"

"Did Ella talk to you about the operation, did she say if she wanted to try it?" He said, and I clenched my eyes shut.

"Yes..." I whispered.

"What did she say, Jake?"

"She want's... She wants to give it ago Sir,"

"Okay..." He breathed out already knowing the answer. "Well... That's what we'll do then if that's what she wanted..." He said looking down clearing his throat from the thickness that I could tell was settling there. "Now Jake, I thought I told you not to ca-" He started, but the door opening again cut him off.

We both looked up to see a doctor standing there, my heart pounded hoping it wasn't what I thought it was.

Breathing furiously, he finally spoke, "She's awake. She woke up."

____

I cried writing this, please don't judge me for that.

Also 2k reads!?! Holy shiz balls thank you all so much I never though anyone would even like let alone read my stuff. Thank so muuuccchhhhh.

Also I have a new book I impulsively started so go check that out. I know I said I would finish this first but what the heck is sticking to a plan in life, am I right?

 I know I said I would finish this first but what the heck is sticking to a plan in life, am I right?