Chapter 12

"Firepaw where were you. I was looking everywhere for you,"mewed Hollypaw. "Sorry, I was at the dirt-place," Firepaw lied. "Come on Firepaw, Bumblestripe is waiting for you," mewed Hollypaw. Firepaw followed Hollypaw to their mentors. "Let's do some fighting technique today," Bumblestripe mewed. The bush rustle a bit. "Stand back, it could be an enemy," Lionblaze mewed. A fox jump out of the bush, it had a scar on its back. That's the fox that injured Hollypaw,Firepaw thought.

Without hestitation, using the technique that Snowtuft taught him, Firepaw jumped on the fox's back. The fox tried to sling him off, but he had a good grip on the fox's pelt. Firepaw slid under the fox and sliced its stomach. The fox fell down and was bleeding from it's organs. "That's was awesome Firepaw," mewed Hollypaw. "You were great Firepaw, but next time don't rush into things like that. You'll get seriously injured," mewed Loinblaze sternly. "Lionblaze, your like that when your a apprentice,"Bumblestripe mewed jokingly. I think their ready for their assessment now, Lionblaze thought to himself.

"Firepaw, I heard that you defeated that fox, that attack Hollypaw," mewed Snowcloud cheerfully. Her smiled is so warm, thought Firepaw. "Stop staring at her," Hollypaw whispered to Firepw's ear. "Wh-Wha-What, no. I-I-I was looking at something else," Firepaw lied. "Ya , sure," Hollypaw laughed. Hollypaw could see Dewdrop staring at Snowcloud sadly and staring at Firepaw angrily. Poor Dewdrop, maybe I should comfort him, Hollypaw thought, but Firepaw said that he's a jerk. Maybe he's different, thought Hollypaw.

"Hey Dewdrop," mewed Hollypaw. "What do you want," Dewdrop mewed grumpily. "Well you look so lonely. So I'm here to accompany you," mewed Hollypaw. "Well I don't want your companion!" Dewdrop snapped. "Firepaw was right you are mean and here I thought you act different around other cats beside Firepaw. But you are always grumpy," Hollypaw mewed as she walked away.

I didn't mean to say that to her. She was the first cat ever to talk to me, other than Snowcloud, thought Dewdrop. Maybe I should said sorry to her, Dewdrop thought. "Dewdrop are you in love with Hollypaw," mewed a voice. "That can't be. My heart belong with Snowcloud,"Dewdrop. "If you're not strong enough, Firepaw might take Snowcloud away from you," the voice mewed as it faded away. "I must be the strongest warrior,"Dewdrop whispered to himself.

(Meanwhile in the Darkforest)

"The strategy is going according to the plan," mewed Snowtuft. "We will take down starclan, like they took down our forest," mewed Thistleclaw. "We must recruit more warrior on our side first," mewed Snowtuft. "And he must be able to take down all the clans even starclan, but the prophecy is what will stop him," mewed Thistlecaw. "Then we must destroy the Holly," mewed Snowtuft. "It's time for them to sleep now,we can train him tonight and gather more warriors," mewed Snowtuft as he faded along with the rest of the Darkforest cats as they tried to recruit warriors.