| 2 |

"What's this I hear about us harboring another HYDRA assassin?" Tony Stark questioned as he stepped out of the elevator and on to the lab floor. Just behind him was the rest of the Avengers. "I think our collection is full enough."

"She's an old friend of Barnes'." Sam answered. He stood with his arms crossed as Bucky finished stitching his own wounds.

"Did she do that to you?" Peter Parker's eyes widened as he took note of the wounds on Bucky's side, right shoulder, right arm, and just above his left hip.

"Some friend." Clint Barton muttered. He moved over to the pod the assassin was in. She was placed in a pod that allowed no one in or out unless they had the code for the room. "A freaking kid? That's who whipped your asses?"

"Shut up, Barton. She's fast." Bucky got down from the table he was parked on and grabbed his shirt. "And really wants me dead."

"Who is she?" Natasha Romanoff stood beside Clint. Her eyes studied Scarlett before she looked over to Bucky.

"It's hard to explain." Bucky leaned against the table he was just on as he slipped his shirt over his head. "Karpov tried to set up a program where I trained future HYDRA assassins. It didn't happen too many times, at least from what I can remember. The program failed because.... because I killed a lot of the agents. Which ever ones I didn't kill, she did. I.... I trained her." He brushed a hand over his scruffy jaw.

"What's her name?" Bruce Banner listed his head up from his laptop to join the conversation.

"I can't remember that. I think it's.... I don't know." Bucky pushed himself off of the table and moved to the pod. He stood by a window, staring in at the young girl. "She's good at what she does though."

"And what's that?" Pietro Maximoff raised his brows.

"What I did when I was under HYDRA's control." Bucky's voice was solemn.

"Maybe if we get a name, we can search who she is." Tony suggested.

"Her name was.... All I can remember is everyone saying she's a demon or something like that. They always.... always whispered it behind her back, saying she's the devil in the form of a girl."

"Holy shit." Pietro took a step away from the pod, his hand grabbing Wanda's instantly. "That's Scarlett Rose?"

Bucky repeated the name over and over in his mind. It didn't sound familiar but it felt right. He nodded his head, his eyes flickering back to Scarlett.

"Who's Scarlett Rose?" Steve asked the twins.

"She has a reputation for being HYDRA's most elite and lethal agent." Wanda Maximoff's voice was filled with tension. She clearly didn't like talking about the HYDRA agent. It made her uncomfortable. "Bucky pales in comparison to her. He had no say in what was done to him or with what he did. She takes every horrific, gory mission handed to her with open arms and a smirk on her lips."

"She's not someone you want as an enemy." Pietro squeezed his sister's hand, shaking his head gently. "When we were with HYDRA, we heard rumors that she killed an entire team that was suppose to train her."

"The team was made up of six or seven fully grown men." Wanda added. "She was–what–twelve or thirteen at the time."

"Killed them all with a knife." Pietro nodded his head, blue eyes focused on the floor. "That's what I heard."

"That was before she started training with me." Bucky said. "That's why she came to me. She kept killing her trainers. Pierce didn't want to stop her training but he wanted to stop losing agents."