[ 31 ]

One Week Later

Scarlett knocked on the door to Tony's Malibu home. Her fists clenched tightly by her sides. She knocked again, this time a little louder. Why wasn't anyone answering the door? She locked her jaw in frustration and prepared to knock again when the door opened. It was Steve.

"Hey, Scarlett." He held the door open for her.

"Is Maximoff here?" She stepped in an immediately began to make her way through the living room.

"If you're talking about Pietro, yeah. He's down at the beach with Peter, Barton, Wanda, and Nat."

"Have you noticed anything weird in the last few weeks?"

"Weird how?" Steve closed the door behind Scarlett.

"Feeling like you're being watched."

Steve crossed his arms over his chest as he looked at Scarlett.

"Who is it?"

"Someone's been watching you?" Scarlett let her bag drop to the floor with an echoing thud.

"Yeah. Buck felt someone watching us a couple days ago when we were down on the beach." Steve nodded to Bucky, who was standing up from his place on the sofa.

"Great." She raked her fingers through her dark hair. "Let me know if anything else happens."

"Scarlett, what's going on?" Bucky stopped her from walking away. She didn't answer him immediately, cautious blue eyes flickering around the room. She pulled out a white envelope and passed it to Steve since he was closest to her.

"Someone put these pictures in my office this morning."

Bucky moved to stand behind Steve so he could see what was in the envelope. Inside were pictures of Pietro Maximoff. One was of him and Scarlett out on the beach. Another was of just Pietro on Pepper's yacht. He was sitting at a table playing poker with the older Avengers. The third picture was of Pietro and Scarlett when they had taken their late night swim in the ocean. The final picture was of the two at the carnival. Pietro was holding her close to him, his hands not shying away from gripping her ass.

"I don't know who it was but I don't like it. If anyone finds out...." She trailed off, her eyes finding the Quicksilver as he made his across the balcony towards the kitchen door. Just behind him was Peter. Pietro shook out his hair, water droplets flying from his loose curls in every direction.

"They'll hurt him." Bucky finished her sentence.

"I don't want everyone else knowing about this." She took the envelope back from Steve and tucked it into her jacket.

"Hi, Scarlett!" Peter chirped as he walked into the living room. Pietro lingered in the doorway, his eyes finding Scarlett's. He wanted to run to her and hold her tight, but he also knew she didn't like that sort of thing.

"Hi, Peter. Maximoff."

"When did you get here?" Pietro asked her.

"Just a few minutes ago." Scarlett picked up her bag and moved towards the hallway. Pietro followed behind her. Once she opened the door to her room, Pietro had her pushed against the door. His hips pinned hers to the door. His hands held her face.

"Missed you, princessa." He breathed out before kissing her. Scarlett put her hands on his arms and pushed him away so she had a little room to breathe. Confused and slightly hurt by the action, Pietro furrowed his brows together.

"I broke a few ribs this morning. You've gotta be gentle until they heal the rest of the way."

Pietro's eyes flickered down to her side. His hand slipped underneath her shirt to gingerly rub her side.