| 3 |

"Why don't you go in there and look inside her head a little, Wanda?" Steve suggested, lifting his head so he could look at Wanda.

"Steve, you know that isn't right."

"Maybe if we know her fears, we can use them against her." Sam said.

"She won't have fears you can use against her." Bucky shook his head. "Clowns, spiders, small spaces, heights, death even. She's been trained to never fear anything."

"Just cause you're trained for it, doesn't mean it won't happen." Natasha shook her head gently.

"Wanda." Clint said her name and nodded his head lightly. Wanda turned her head to her twin brother. Pietro was silent as he looked at her.

"Okay." Wanda spoke softly.

———

Scarlett's eyes scanned the room filled with Avengers. Thor was the one escorting her in to the conference room, which Scarlett took advantage of. She leaned against him more than she needed to and shamelessly tried to flirt with him between the interrogation room and the conference room.

"Can I get the metal off, handsome?" She looked over her shoulder to him.

"Definitely not." He shook his head, pulling a chair out for Scarlett at the end of the large table. "Sit, please."

Scarlett rolled her eyes and sat down heavily in the chair. Thor attached the handcuffs to a chain connected to the table. She wouldn't be able to move more than a few inches away from the table.

"Have you met Wanda Maximoff?" Steve asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"No." Scarlett looked to the brunette woman with an unreadable face. "But word gets around in HYDRA. Their successful experiments are all anyone ever talks about."

"The same goes for you." Wanda folded her arms over her chest. "Alexander Pierce's pride and joy."

"His little stone-cold assassin." Pietro added, standing protectively behind his sister.

"Pierce had nothing to do with who I am today." Scarlett almost growled.

"Sounds like you don't like him too much." Clint commented.

"That's funny because she always followed him around like a wounded puppy." Pietro mumbled.

"That's funny coming from a bunch of lab rats."

"She pretends to have an undying faith for HYDRA, but she hates all of them." Natasha spoke quietly to Steve but Scarlett heard her.

"I am faithful to HYDRA. My own parents didn't want me. HYDRA gave me reason to live."

"Are you getting anything from her, Wanda?" Bruce asked.

"Depends on what you want and how bad you want it." Wanda looked over to him, biting her lip briefly before speaking again. "She has memories that she's stowed away from when she was young, memories of who I assume to be her mother. There's no father in any of her memories."

Scarlett suddenly shot up in her chair, ready to cross the table and fight the Scarlet Witch. She pulled against the cuffs chained to the table. Her nostrils flared as she stared at Wanda with a stone cold gaze that could kill.

"I will end you if you read my mind even a little bit."

Wanda tried to not look effected by Scarlett's threat but it was a little hard considering Scarlett was a skilled assassin with the reputation of effortlessly ending lives of anyone who crossed her the wrong way.