[ 37 ]

Pietro's thumb traced shapes into the side of Scarlett's arm. She was fast asleep and had been that way for the last two hours. He was practically laying on her chest, his cheek resting just below her collarbone. Her breathing was soft and shallow, something that worried Pietro. He had to really watch her to make sure she was breathing.

Scarlett's phone vibrated on the stand next to the bed. Pietro stiffened up and opened his mouth to wake her up but her eyes fluttered open and her hand came up to rub them.

"Your phone is going off."

She looked over to where her phone was and picked it up.

"I need to sit up, Pietro."

He sat back on the bed and watched her sit up. She answered the call, putting the phone to her ear.

"Yes, sir?"

"How did the meeting with the Governess go?"

Pietro could faintly hear a man on the other end of the line.

"It went surprisingly good, sir. She was curious about what happened with Vince Warren and what's been going on in HYDRA recently."

Pietro couldn't hear what was said next but Scarlett nodded her head.

"Yes, sir. I'll keep in touch." She put her phone down on the stand by her bed.

"Who was that?" Pietro tucked a few pieces of her hair behind her ears.

"Pierce." She turned her head to kiss the inside of his wrist. "Pietro, my stomach hurts."

"Are you hungry? Did you eat enough today?"

"That's not it." She shook her head. "Something bad is going to happen."

"How do you know?"

"It's just...." Scarlett trailed off as she laid back in the bed and Pietro returned to laying his head on her chest. "My instincts are the only thing I trust. If I feel like something bad is going to happen, it usually does."

"Do you trust me?" He lifted his head up to look at her. Her fingers trailed through his silvery curls.

"No." She admitted. "Not completely."

"But a little?"

"A little." She nodded. He smiled and kissed her lips then kissed her cheek.

"Have you eaten today?"

"I'm not hungry, Pietro. I just want to lay here."

"I'm perfectly fine with that." He put his nose into the valley between her breasts. Scarlett let out an airy laugh as his fingers tickled her sides.

"Pietro, quit!"

"I love your laugh." He stopped tickling her and settled with just laying on her. "You should do it more often."

She said nothing as she looked down at him, gently raking her fingers through his hair. Her phone vibrated once more on the stand. She picked it up and answered the call.

"Good morning, ma'am."

Pietro looked up at her, watching her features as she spoke.

"Good morning, Scarlett. There's been a slight change of plans and I have to leave the city a week earlier than I had anticipated. I'd love it if we were able to get together tonight for dinner." A female voice spoke. The voice sounded soft and elegant.

"Tonight?" Scarlett repeated, glancing over to the alarm clock on the stand by her bed. It was 6:39pm.

"I know it will be a little late but I'd really love to meet Mr. Maximoff. How does an hour from now at the Skyline sound?"