[ 29 ]

Warning: there is brief talk about age gap consensual sex between two characters in this story, it's not gone into detail but I wanted to warn you about it because some people don't like that (I'm a literal whore™️) I'll put more in the A/N at the end

Scarlett watched as the agents left the diner, silently going their separate ways. Brody stood up and held his arms out for a hug from Scarlett. She stood to her feet, allowing him to hug her.

"Be safe, babe." He kissed her cheek. "I'll see you later, Warren." Brody gave him his middle finger.

Vince rolled his eyes at Brody then stood up behind Scarlett, his hand sliding around her waist.

"Come back to my room for the night." He pressed soft kisses to her neck. "Miss you."

"I can't." Scarlett turned in his arms. Her hands against his chest stopped him from leaning in to kiss her. "I'm not in the mood tonight, Vince."

"Well what are you in the mood for?"

"Kicking Bellamy's ass."

"Why can't you just leave her alone, Scarlett?" Vince let her go, his brows furrowing together.

"Because she thinks she can rub your affair with her in my face and make me angry." Scarlett turned to leave the diner.

"Well obviously it's working. You know, I don't think you have the right to still be pissed at that. You did sleep around with Rumlow and he's old enough to be your grandpa." Vince followed Scarlett out of the diner.

"He's only in his forties. And at least he can last longer than ten minutes—,"

Vince grabbed Scarlett's arm and pushed her against the wall. She pulled the pistol from it's place in the back of her pants and held it under his chin. The safety softly clicked as she turned it off.

"Put your Goddamned hands on me again, Vincent Warren, and I will dump your body in the Pacific Ocean." She spoke through clenched teeth to him. His darkened eyes gazed down at her, swarming with anger and maybe a bit of jealousy. "I'm done with your little baby tantrums. You aren't going to put your hands on me anymore when you get mad. I'll cut them off."

"My dad would have you executed for killing me."

"I'm willing to take that chance." Scarlett lowered her gun. She brought her knee up to his groin, causing him to hunch over. Her hand found his shoulder. She pushed him to the ground on his knees, her hand gripping his clavicle just shy of breaking bone. With him on his knees, she pressed the tip of her gun against his head. "I don't want to have to worry about your stupid ass while I'm working the Avengers. Are you going to cause me any problems, Agent Warren?"

"No."

"Good." She stepped back and put her gun down.

As she walked away from him, she put her gun back into the waist band of her pants. She pulled her phone out, making sure the one Stark was using to track and listen in on her conversations was still tucked into the pocket of her jacket. She pulled up Pierce's number and texted him.

To: A.P.
<"It's not safe to call but I've got information relating to the mutiny rising against you and the other leaders. I'll call when I can. And just a fair warning the next time Vince Warren pisses me off I am going to kill him.">

The text sent and she felt satisfied with her work. A smirk found its way to her lips.

———

The entire team of Avengers was waiting for Scarlett in the living room. They had been talking about something, but the second she walked in everyone fell silent.