16

Chloe pov
My co-workers and I decorated the ballroom for party we're having.

"Go home Chloe. We'll see you tonight. Let us finish and you go get your family ready. This is your big night." Lilly says nudging me.

It's my big night. The owner of the building is coming. Since I was promoted to be the head of the firm, he's coming to judge me, my character, and how I run things.

"See you guys at 7."

It's 5:30 so I have time to prepare everyone.
......

"Okay Dani. Lets get your pretty dress on you." Ethan says taking off her wonzy and putting on her dress.

"Make sure you bring her binky. She gets fussy when she's tired." I state.

"I know princess.. I have a surprise for you for later." He says coming behind me.

"Not tonight babe. There is a lot of pressure put on me tonight. This is the most important night of my life." I groan.

"It's gonna make you feel better."

"Ethan please don't do anything stupid. If this goes well, we're gonna be out of New Jersey and in California." I explain.

"Okay 1. That would be great. And 2. This surprise will change our lives forever and I promise you'll love it."

"I'm sure I will. Now go get dressed. I'm gonna go see if the others are ready." I give him a kiss before he walks in the bathroom and showers.

I pick up the baby who is already dressed along with me and go downstairs.

"Good. You guys are ready."

_______

The music was booming as people started to arive. That's when the owner walked in. She looked at me as I was holding Danielle and Ethan was behind me playing with her.

"Well hello Miss Diamond. How have you been?"

"Really good Mrs. Diana. This is my boyfriend Ethan. And this is our daughter, Danielle." She says hi to both.

"I'm loving the aesthetic in here. Very good job." She said with a smile.

"Enjoy the party."

___________

Chloe pov
It was time for me to go up on stage and speak.... In front of people.

I don't like people

"Hope everyone is having an amazing time. Tonight is important.. We have our amazing owner, Mrs. Diana Morris. Who has flown all the way from Indiana. So hope you are having a good time!" Everyone cheers and was ready to go back to partying until Ethan came up and everyone turned their attention back to us.

"Ethan what are you doing?" I ask as the mic was still In front of me. Ethan turned it to him and I was now noticing this was probably the surprise.

"Chloe I've been in love with you since I was 15. Fighting for you was the hardest thing I've ever done.. but I did it. I was so happy when you came back to me. Behind your eyes was so much pain. Years of pain. And I wanted to make all that pain go away. You gave birth to our gorgeous baby girl. She's beautiful just like you. I want to make you the happiest girl on the planet. Wanna make you mine forever. Because you make me happy. Chloe Diamond, will you marry me?"

Everyone gasped.

On the inside I was screaming.

Was this really happening??

After everything I endured, I'm getting a happy ending? I never thought I deserved to be happy. I always thought I deserved everything that was happening to me.

The words out his mouth, the abuse... the miscarriages...

He always asked me to marry him.

And when I told him he needed to get better first, well, you probably know how he reacted to that..

Ethan is such a gentle, sweet, GORGEOUS man.. who I know would never cause me any pain..

Do I deserve him though?...

"Of course I will." I say with the biggest smile.

He slides the ring on my finger and everyone cheers as he kissed me.

"I wanna make you happy." He whispers in my ear.

"You already have."

Heyyyyyyyyyy. Omg I suck at writing when someone is proposing lmao