Chapter One

Izuku Midoriya. You've probably heard of him. If you haven't, you probably wouldn't be reading this story. Before we begin, I will make you a promise. I promise to tell this story in the simplest way I possibly can, without giving any biased opinion whatsoever. It is none of my business what choices the people in this story made or what actions they carried out. My job is simply to explain it to you, reader, in the plainest truth I can possibly tell it.

Anyways, where were we? Ah, yes. Izuku Midoriya. Age: fifteen. Favorite food: Katsudon. Quirk: Superpower.

That is, as far as we know, anyways.

Allow me to explain. You are well aware that in the more popular story of Midoriya's origin that he was, in fact, Quirkless. This is the truth. He was without a quirk. However, he wasn't without a father.

 At the time, our hero's mother and father were having domestic troubles. The specifics are none of our concern at the moment, but basically, he was never around. Having heard that his only child was Quirkless, he decided that this was unacceptable and he had to do something about it. So, he kidnapped his own child, at the tender age of four. Then, his father had taken him to a man. This man promised to fix all of Izuku's problems. The child was experimented on for weeks before he was finally declared acceptable. Izuku was then returned to his home and given back to his mother.

You have to understand, that undergoing such a traumatic experience at such a young age can have an effect on people. The young boy was so troubled by the experience, he locked away the memories into the deepest and darkest parts of his mind. Essentially, he made himself forget. His mother, poor Inko, couldn't bear to remind him of what he went through, so she kept it a secret. She told all of her neighbors that Midoriya had been on a vacation with some relatives in America. She hoped and prayed that would be the end of the whole ordeal. Unfortunately, that was not the case. She didn't know what they had done to her innocent child, but you will find out in time. And trust me, it was not pleasant.

••••••••••••••••••••

Izuku Midoriya sighed as he walked to school. Everything had been peaceful the last few days; no supervillain attacks, no crazy school activities, the world was relatively normal. Excluding the fact that people could breathe fire, and makes things float, and whatnot. To be completely honest, Izuku had gotten so used to the commotion that he was starting to miss all of the abnormalities that made his life so... normal. He wanted something to happen, something that could help prove he was worthy of the power he had been gifted.

If I had been there with him in that moment, if I were able to say one single thing to him, I would tell him, "Be careful what you wish for."

Just as Midoriya stepped off the train, he noticed the familiar head of a spiky blonde hedgehog. Bakugou was speaking with someone in front of the gate to their high school. Not in the mood to be yelled at that day, Midoriya looked for some hidden entrance or secret alleyway to get into UA. Of course, this didn't exist.

After a few moments of fruitlessly searching, he realized that there was no chance he could escape unscathed. Midoriya took a deep breath and continued on his way.

Bakugou was about to turn around to find Izuku behind him, when a boy with dual-colored hair stepped in front of him.

"What do you want, Icy-Hot bastard?!" He yelled. I must say, he kind of reminds me of an angry Pomeranian.

Reader, I would just like you to know that I do not condone Bakugou's childish use of language, but I have to write the story as it occurred in order to be factual and correct, so, there you go.