Chapter 28

Life was finally looking up for Izuku. He was actually starting to make money as Inko recommended his services to a few other people who needed help. This allowed Izuku to buy hair dye so that way he wouldn't have to wear a hoodie when he was working; although he still wore the mask.

Todoroki- ahem, Shoto, was extremely surprised when he returned home from school and found Izuku with black hair.

"What did you do?" He asked, puzzled.

Izuku pulled at a strand of black locks gently. "Do you not like it?"

Shoto shook his head. "It looks fine. I liked your green hair better though. It matched your eyes."

"O-oh." Izuku blushed and tried to hide his face behind his hair.

Izuku was happy with his life. His customers were kind, (excluding Mr. Sato, of course. Izuku has visited his home multiple times for a few more chores such as painting the shutters and weeding, but he never actually saw the elderly man) and treated him very well. Quite a few of his customers had children, and Izuku worked very well with them. Whenever he had completed his duties, the younger ones would beg for him to swing them around or color with them. The slightly older children would generally ask for help with their homework or show him some new video games they were playing.

"Suzuki! Suzuki! Look what I made!" Izuku walked up the sidewalk to one of his appointments only to be bombarded by an excited child.

The small person was holding up a wad of paper that looked suspiciously like a paper ball. She had a grin on her face so wide, you could see that one of her front teeth had gone missing.

The villain lifted the child and spun her around. "That looks amazing, Yui! How did you make it?"

"I folded the paper and I kept folding it until it looked like a ele- ele-" The young girl struggled to pronounce the word."

"An elephant." Izuku looked up and saw that the young girl's father was standing in the doorway of the apartment. The father smiled, obviously exhausted. "Yui was trying to make an elephant.

Izuku set the child down as he spoke, "Ah, I see! You're so smart!"

Yui pouted. "Papa! He knows it's an elephant! He can see it!"

Izuku did not know that it was an elephant, but he smiled down at the girl regardless. The girl's father simply laughed.

Izuku was so good with children, there were times when he was even asked to babysit. Yui's father was a very busy man trying to keep up with his college, job, and child all at the same time. Yui's father (Yuto) had become a teen parent in high school and at first was terrified. After Yui was born though, Yuto told Izuku, he felt as though he would do anything for his little girl. Her mother died a few months after Yui was born because she got sick and her immune system had been messed up. Ever since then, Yuto has been working himself to the bone in order to care for his child. He still went to college because he wanted to get a better job that could give Yui a normal life as she began to grow. During the day, Yuto juggled his classes and job as a cashier at a fast food chain. At night, he spent all his time with his daughter then began to study for school as soon as she went to bed. He was an amazing man, but he needed help.

That's why every day when Yuto was busy, Izuku would go to their apartment and spend the day with Yui and occasionally the twins who lived in the apartment next door to Yui. The mother of these twins was also a single parent and grateful for the help. Her husband had left her and refused to pay child support before she could land a stable job. She has been working hard to provide for her children, but she also needed someone to help while she provided for them. Both Yuto and the twins' mother, Mei, insisted that Izuku let them pay for his help with the children; he refused.

"There's no need to pay me," Izuku insisted while the twins, named Hina and Yuna, hung on his arms and Yui sat on his shoulders, "I love working with them. In all honesty, I would rather be here where I am some help instead of sitting at home and not doing anything."

Mei and Yuto gave each other a relieved yet still somehow concerned glance. "You are so helpful. Are you sure? We don't want to burden you." Mei pulled the twins off of his arms and put them on the floor. The two four year olds began running around Yuto's living room screaming.

Izuku laughed. "I'm sure."

Yui, who was still sitting on Izuku, peacefully began braiding the black hair on her babysitter's head.

Izuku's work also led him to meeting a lovely elderly couple, although he did not know that the two were together at first.

"Ah, Suzuki! You made it just in time." An older woman with a head of silver hair stood in the doorway of her traditional Japanese home waving at Izuku excitedly. "I just made a pie and I need a taste-tester. Ai refuses to try some though. She's utterly convinced I'll poison her."

"Hello, Ms. Sachiko! I'm excited to try some if you'll have me," Izuku said.

"Of course! Come in, come in. Have a slice before you start working, we don't want you fixing floorboards on an empty stomach now, do we? Right, Ai?" Ms. Sachiko turned to look at a woman who had just started to enter the living room. She too, had gray hair, but it was a shade or two darker than Ms. Sachiko's hair.

"Oh, hello,Suzuki. You will most likely regret eating that pie, but feel free to try it anyways." The second woman named Ai made her way to Ms. Sachiko.

"Hello, Ms. Abhuraya," Izuku acknowledged.

Ms. Abhuraya nodded at Izuku and walked over to Ms. Sachiko, whom she greeted with a kiss on the cheek. "No need to pout, I'm only teasing."

Meanwhile, life in the Todoroki house continued as always. But slightly different.

"Izuku! I'm back!" Todoroki called out to his roommate and set his backpack on the ground. The poor hero almost choked when Izuku entered the main room wearing a tanktop utterly drenched in sweat.

"Shoto, hey. I was just training." Izuku threw his head back, his adam's apple bobbing up and down as he took a swig from his water bottle. His hair was sinfully messy, only adding to the picture that was tempting poor Todoroki in ways that he felt utterly ashamed of.

Todoroki nodded, trying his best to shove those thoughts as far down as he could. "Yes, I noticed."

Izuku smiled at Todoroki. "Can you practice sparring with me? I want to work on my hand-to-hand combat."

Todoroki went to his room to change out of his uniform into something more sensible for sparring.

It was quite an interesting session. For the first time, Todoroki was really noticing Izuku. The way his muscles shifted as he moved; as well as how the villain's eyes lit up with excitement every time he was able to land a hit.

It was very attractive.