Chapter 26

"Midoriya?Are you okay? Midoriya?" Izuku snapped out of his his train of thought at the sound of Todoroki's voice.

"Hmm? What? Oh, yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking." Izuku waved his hand and flashed Todoroki a quick smile.

Todoroki's head cocked to the side curiously. "May I ask what it was?"

"What what is?" Izuku frowned.

"What you were thinking about. What were you thinking about, Midoriya?"

"Oh, umm..." Izuku racked his brain for something to say, "Can I call you Shoto?"

Midoriya mentally screeched at himself. Really? Why would you even ask that?! That's so personal!

Izuku was surprised when Todoroki simply answered by simply saying, "Why?"

"I- I- I mean, uh, well, since we've been through so much together and I am technically living with you we basically know each other pretty well so I figured why not?" Izuku was fidgeting now, not expecting to be having this conversation with the person who used to be one of his most aloof classmates. He didn't even mean to bring it up, it was just the first thing to pop into his head! Izuku was so busy mentally screaming at himself that he didn't notice Todoroki had stood from the couch and was now standing in front of the green haired teen.

"Okay, makes sense to me." Izuku froze at Todoroki's calm reply.

"Wait, really?" Izuku was shocked.

Todoroki nodded. "I mean, yeah. I don't really care what people call me, and you have a good reason so if you want to call me Shoto then go ahead."

"Oh," Izuku said faintly, "alright then." This was not how he was expecting this conversation to go.

"Does this mean that I should call you Izuku? Or would that make you uncomfortable?" Todoroki said.

"Yeah, sure, it's fine," Izuku squeaked.

"Okay, Izuku," said Todoroki.

Todoroki turned around once he said that, which was lucky for Izuku, because it meant the hero didn't see the shade of red dusting over the young villain's freckles

••••••••••••••••••••

Izuku and Shoto completed their day as they normally would. They sat in silence for a bit, Todoroki completing his homework and Midoriya cleaning whatever it is that needed cleaning. Then they proceeded to make dinner and eat, exchanging conversation about topics that warrented discussing as well topics that had no relevance whatsoever. It was quiet domestic, in all honesty. Once they had completed dinner the two teens sat in front of the television, watching news about what was going on in the hero world and briefly discussing it before heading to bed.

As soon as Izuku was settled into his futon, he began to allow his brain to process the events of the day. First of all, Izuku had to consider the old man he was assisting. Izuku hadn't given up hope that he could make the man open up. He was sure that if he was kind enough, and just slightly pushy enough, maybe he could make the man happier than he appeared to be.

The next thing Izuku had to consider was All Might. What a strange place to run into his childhood hero and old mentor at. There wasn't much to consider there, in all actuality. It was just such a shock to Midoriya, and he still wasn't sure how to handle it. Which reminded him: now Izuku had to figure out what to do with the All Might themed notebook that was still tucked away in the grocery bag at the door of the Todoroki home. Eh, he'd figure that out later.