Chapter 14

"I just realized, I don't know your name." Inko smiled at Midoriya apologetically. "What should I call you?"

Izuku though for a moment. He obviously couldn't tell get his real name, and it would be suspicious if he refused to tell her. He needed something bland, something boring and forgettable. "My name is Suzuki. Yuuto Suzuki."

Inko smiled and held out her hand. "Hello Suzuki. It is nice to meet you. My name is Midoriya Inko."

Izuku stared down at her hand for a moment. Was this okay? Was he allowed to have this?

"It is nice to meet you too, Miss Midoriya." He gripped her hand firmly.

"Please," she said, "call me Inko."

••••••••••••••••••••

Izuku was actually planning to leave after putting up the groceries. He was, I promise. However, when Inko offered him dinner out of thanks, well, it wasn't like he could refuse, could he? A home cooked meal made from his very own mother for the first time in what felt like years? Of course he was going to say yes! In fact, he was so excited, that when his mother asked if he minded that she was having guests over, he didn't even blink.

He should have blinked.

He realized he had made a mistakes as soon as he heard the voices rising from the stairs outside of the apartment. Izuku and Inko had been playing some card games to pass the time while waiting for her guests, so they were both out in the open sitting on the couch. Izuku had just lost his second round of Go Fish when the door was slammed open.

"Inko! It's so nice to see you again! I'm so sorry we are late, but someone took forever getting ready." A woman with extremely families spiky blonde hair charged into the apartment, tackling Inko into a hug.

"Shut up woman! Quit nagging me!" A boy with the same haircut as the woman appeared in the doorway. Cowering behind him was a timid looking man.

Izuku turned pale.

No.

No.

It couldn't be. Not them.

He had just gotten used to his mother. He was in no way prepared for this. He needed to do something. Maybe he could jump out of a window? Perhaps the drop wasn't as big as it looked.

He needed to run.

Inko smiled, oblivious to Izuku's extreme panic. "Hello Mitsuki. It's good to know you have been well. Don't mind being late, Suzuki has been keeping me company."

The blonde woman stood up, straightening the blazer she was wearing. "Who?" She looked at Midoriya, then sighed.

"Inko, how many times do I have to tell you? You can't just bring random stranger gets into your house!" Her red eyes shined with disbelief as she turned to Izuku. "Who are you? Where did she pick you up? What do you want from her? Money? Food?"

Izuku was extremely overwhelmed. He was in no way prepared to deal with this right now. It was nice to know that Inko had people to depend on, and that made him happy. Unfortunately, these people happened to be the Bakugo's, and he was in no way inclined to speak with them.

Izuku's mother didn't recognize him because she tends to be oblivious. That was always a strange quality of hers. However, the Bakugo's, especially Bakugo Katsuki, were an extremely perceptive bunch. They would probably guess his identity within the next five minutes.

"D-Don't worry," Izuku stood, "I-I don't want anything from her. I was actually just about to leave." Izuku turned to Inko. "I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer, I just realized I have to go back home. I promised my mother I would do the dishes. Thank you so much for the invitation. I have thoroughly enjoyed my evening."

Izuku nodded at Inko and began to head out.

If there was anything Izuku had learned how to do during his time in captivity, it was lie.

On his way out, he had to pass by a person he often referred to as 'Kachan'. This was an issue. Katsuki Bakugo was the most perceptive of them all, especially when he hated someone, and he always hated someone. Izuku could feel the piercing gaze of the blonde's red eyes as he walked by.

Izuku had almost made it out the door.

"Hey, shitty mask," Bakugo called out in a gruff voice, "get over here."

In the background you could hear Mitsuki yelling something about good manners. Inko just laughed.

The youngest Midoriya gulped. What should he do? Should he run? Should he hide? Maybe he had another quirk where he could turn himself into a fly or sink into the ground. Those seemed to be preferable options.

"You left your phone on the table."

Izuku sighed in relief.

When he was out buying clothes, he had also bought himself a phone. His old one was left at home when he was abducted, and he figured a new one might come in handy.

Izuku gently walked back into the room and lifted the phone off of the coffee table. "Thank you." He mumbled.

He was almost out of the door again when he was called out for again.

"Wait!" Izuku turned to see Inko running at him. "I almost forgot! I have been so busy recently since I live alone now and I started a full-time job. I have so many things that need to get done but I can never do. Do you mind if I have your number? This way I can text you if I need something."

Izuku was silent for a moment, contemplating.

"But of course you don't have to if you don't want to!" She cried out. "This is just a job offer. I will even pay you if you are in need of money."

Izuku smiled, his lips invisible under the black cloth. "I would love to help. You don't need to pay me, I can do it for free."

Inko's smile was so beautiful it could easily outshine the sun.

••••••••••••••••••••

Eventually, Izuku had managed to make it out of there alive and completely anonymous. He had given Inko his phone number and found he was extremely excited for the days to come. Maybe, he thought, just maybe my life really can change for the better.