「Chapter 2」Fun Conversations

-
"There's someone I want you to meet."

-

"Really? Who?" I asked.

"His name's Larry. He's around the same age as us and he's my closest friend. You guys would probably get along great." Sal said, and after he said that the elevator door opened, revealing the basement.

"Oh, that's where you'll be washing and drying your laundry." Sal told me and pointed to the washer and dryer.
"Ah, alright." I said back.

He walked me over to a door and knocked on it. An older woman, who looked about my mom's age, answered the door. She looked at Sal, and then at me, and then back at Sal.

"Hi Sal." The woman greeted.
"Hey Lisa." Sal greeted back.

"Who's this person next to you? Ohhh are you two dating or something?" The woman, Lisa, said in a teasing manor. My eyes widened in surprise.

"N-No. I just met them today." He replied and glanced at me. I glanced back and gave him a smile.
"Alright~" Lisa said giggling, "Why don't you introduce yourself, then?" She turned to me and I looked at her.

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N). I just moved in today and Sal came over to show me around. And he wanted me to meet...uhh...Larry?" I said and turned to Sal, "Larry is his name right?" I asked and he nodded.

"Oh!! Okay, come on in you two." She spoke in a welcoming manor, "Sal will tell you where his room is, right Sal?" Sal nodded.

I thanked Lisa for welcoming me before walking with Sal to Larry's room.

Sal opened the door to find Larry painting a skull. Larry looked up at the door, stopped painting, and walked over to him. I was behind Sal so Larry couldn't see me right away.

"Hey Sally Face." Larry greeted.
"Hey Larry Face." Sal greeted back.

"Well, come on in. Why're standing there for?" Larry said and Sal walked in the room, I followed. Sal stepped aside and Larry stared at me. Once we were fully inside the room, Sal closed the door behind us.

"Who's this?" He asked. Sal looked at me, waiting for me to introduce myself.

"Hi, I'm (Y/N). I moved in today and Sal wanted to show me around the building to get to know the people here." I said to Larry and gave him a friendly smile.

"Sick." His simple reply made me laugh a bit.
"You can come in and sit on the bean bags. Relax, you look tense." He said to me and I nodded, getting comfortable in the bean bag. Sal didn't sit and just shoved his hands in his sweater pockets.

I looked around Larry's room and saw all the paintings.
"You like to paint?" I asked him.
"Yeah. It calms my mind, y'know?" He responded.
"That's nice. I like art too."

It then became awkwardly silent, which was weird because I though Sal said that Larry was his closest friend. So why wouldn't Sal be talking to Larry?

After a few more moments of silence, I spoke up.
"Isn't it, like, scary living in the basement?" I asked Larry.
"Nah. It's really chill. I get to blast my music however loud I want when my mom isn't home since I don't have direct neighbors." He said.

"So no one'll hear you scream if...you're getting murdered...?" I said lowly and the two boys stared at me. It was quiet for a moment, but then Larry became hysterical. I laughed too.